Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2014, 03:23 PM

4 posts, read 10,136 times

Advertisements

I will move to Fayetteville for a new job in July. Currently I plan on renting a house through a rental property management. However, after reading quite a few negative online reviews about aaims, peach, and townsend, I am hesitating to go ahead even though they have a lot of choices with reasonable prices. I do not want to have headaches down the road. Are there any other choices? Or is my concern unwarranted? Any advice that you have will be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 07:34 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Aaimes- a friend of ours fought to get things fixed and when they moved out, they said the carpet was brand new and they messed it up. Aaimes could never produce a receipt and our friends gave up trying to get their money back.
Townsend- someone I worked with is renting through them right now. The owner is more hands on with him and townsends role is very small in the rental agreement. However if you do go through them, plan on a long process to get approved and all that. We were going to rent through them but got into military housing faster.
One I will recommend to stay away from is Remax. My neighbors who own the house next to us fired them as their property management company because they flat out stunk when it came to handling their home. They came to town met the new renters and directly handled their concerns (which were major) while they were in town. The next month they fired them and now they deal with them directly.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:31 AM

1,490 posts, read 5,986,140 times
There are many RE/MAX franchises in town. Not all are the same. There are probably a hundred or more property management companies in town. Look for the house you like, in the location you like.

Old 06-03-2014, 08:25 PM

4 posts, read 10,136 times
Thank you for your info. It seems that I gonna roll the dice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: