Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2014, 05:20 PM

44 posts, read 91,258 times

Advertisements

first off id like to say hello to my future, fellow Carolinians. a little about me, im a 25 year old male that has been married to my wife for 2 years, and together for 6. We are currently attending school in Ohio (UNOH), im going to be graduating in february with a major in high performance, automotive, alternative fuels, and CDL-A, my wife is in the medical field. We are looking to relocate to the south, because we were both born and raised in New England, CT and NH, and were looking for that small town southern feel. Im thinking around Charlotte, looking mostly at Hickory. Pretty much im just looking for tips and maybe some insight on nice areas within around 1 hour of Charlotte. We dont have kids, but future plans do involve them. So schooling isnt a major issue yet. Im looking forward to any help you guys have to offer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 02:50 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,525,465 times
In addition to NC, you might want to take a good look at Greenville, SC. It has developed quite a cluster of automotive-related business and industry. Has a good medical community as well.

Old 06-28-2014, 11:09 AM

thats about 1 hour and 40 minutes from charlotte, a little too far for me.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:19 AM

6,374 posts, read 5,484,053 times
Hickory is generally considered to be a declining area. Not many economic opportunities there as it has never really recovered from the exit of the textiles industry in NC. Nice friendly people but I believe that the crime rate there is fairly high for a small town as well.

Old 06-29-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Hickory is generally considered to be a declining area. Not many economic opportunities there as it has never really recovered from the exit of the textiles industry in NC. Nice friendly people but I believe that the crime rate there is fairly high for a small town as well.
this is the type of info im looking for..
sucks about the crime part, but how about the actual housing?? is it a nice clean are or kinda dumpy??
also are there any larger places nearby for work?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina