Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 05:59 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,119 times

Advertisements

I wonder why they dropped it. The line was insanely long when I went to take my test, maybe it is staffing/money issue and this was the more cost effective option?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2014, 09:34 AM

978 posts, read 2,054,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
I wonder why they dropped it. The line was insanely long when I went to take my test, maybe it is staffing/money issue and this was the more cost effective option?
That would be my guess. Without having people take the exam, wait times will be quicker.

Most states don't require taking a test when transferring a drivers license from another state. There are a few that do, however.

Old 07-29-2014, 01:28 AM

210 posts, read 426,441 times
Well, the process was fairly simple. There was indeed no written test. They just did the eye exam and the road signs at the same time. I did that on a Saturday and got my license before the following Saturday. I am impressed with the service speed.

Now, I am looking to register my car here. Why on earth do I need to get my car title notarized?

Old 07-29-2014, 05:45 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Well, the process was fairly simple. There was indeed no written test. They just did the eye exam and the road signs at the same time. I did that on a Saturday and got my license before the following Saturday. I am impressed with the service speed.

Now, I am looking to register my car here. Why on earth do I need to get my car title notarized?

Congrats on license I would assume to prevent "fake" titles. Clerk of court can do notarization.

Old 07-29-2014, 06:04 PM

978 posts, read 2,054,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Congrats on license I would assume to prevent "fake" titles. Clerk of court can do notarization.
They always verify the title with the previous state before issuing a new one, so I don't see why having it notarized is necessary.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:03 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times
All I know is when I got my NJ license switched to NC license in December 2012 I needed to take the "written" test (was on a cimputer) but no road test. Passed, brought results to counter, took my pic, license expires in 6 years lol.

Old 08-07-2014, 04:05 PM

210 posts, read 426,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
Just to clarify, I do not need to get my title notarized. I need to get my application for a NC title notarized. This makes more sense.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:15 AM

3 posts, read 3,478 times
But it doesnt mean they will follow them. I have seen some crazy driving and so many accidents. maybe its just that I'm not used to it and this is all normal? I have lived in 6 different states(including NC) and I have never been required to take the written exams and was always able to follow the laws and was never pulled over. not sure how good a written test would be when so many will purposely not follow it...BUT maybe you do have a valid point. some crazies out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
View detailed profiles of: