Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2014, 01:13 PM

5 posts, read 5,245 times

Advertisements

Hey there!

My husband and I are moving to North Carolina sometime by the end of the calendar year. My husband works for a company that will transfer him practically anywhere in the country. We decided on North Carolina because the climate is different than what we are used to, the cost of living is comparable, but house costs are about half what they are where we're at. We have it narrowed down to three different cities and plan on taking a trip in a few weeks to explore each one so we know what we’re getting ourselves into. The cities we’re looking at are Fayetteville, Raleigh, and Wilmington. The intent of my post is to find out what locals or people who have been to each city (know them well) think of them all. I have heard all about crime in each one, but to be honest I am not afraid of what people are saying. So, let me have it; I want to know it all.

We are moving to either Fayetteville, Raleigh, or Wilmington by the end of the year and want to know what the people who know the areas well think of them. We will pick one based on which one we like the most when we visit, but I want to move with eyes open.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2014, 03:42 PM

679 posts, read 1,460,716 times
None of those cities is in WNC. Are you looking for the opinion of people who have no horse in the race, or is this posted in the wrong forum?

Old 08-05-2014, 03:46 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,626,918 times
Fayetteville is a ghetto town. Raleigh is nothing special, especially if you've been to a city before. Wilmington is nice and quaint plus its by the water, its not too big and not too small.

Last edited by dhanu86; 08-05-2014 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina