Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 08:46 AM

353 posts, read 604,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
As demonstrated in this topic and others, this kind of ilk only have power when the people stupidly hands it over to them. Blind support for tax and spend is a great way to do this. Every government action should be scrutinized. But when people gladly support whatever their political party tells them, then they have lost.

I think you make a lot of assumptions about people and their parties. I personally don't have one but, whatever.

(btw, "kind of ilk" is redundant. You basically said "kind of kind". )

Old 09-06-2014, 10:00 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarLatGo View Post
I think you make a lot of assumptions about people and their parties....
Please be specific and I will be glad to clarify.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:32 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
^It would have been easier to recite Alexander Fraser Tytler (1747 - 1813)..
A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.

The average age of the world's greatest civilisations from the beginning of history has been about 200 years. During those 200 years, these nations always progressed through the following sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to complacency; From complacency to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.
Maybe quite prophetic depending upon whether you believe the government can be changed or whether you just happily accept the current status quo as being "normal". Sounds as if you are in the latter.
Once again you are derailing a thread away from NC to talk about politics in general. Reported.

Old 09-08-2014, 01:11 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
Once again you are derailing a thread away from NC to talk about politics in general. Reported.
I was responding to a post quoting one of my earlier remarks. It wasn't an attempt to derail the topic. On the other hand, the topic hasn't been about NC's GDP in quite a number of pages. There are quite a number of posts here meeting this definition that are not mine. My apologies for causing you difficulty.

Old 09-08-2014, 02:07 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Exactly, this third thread this week yall cant seem to remember what forum you are all posting in.

If yall need a reminder it clearly states North Carolina at the top.

Let me also remind everyone it states in the terms of service we all agreed to upon registering it states the following

PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND BREATH AND LIVE BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM

Quote:
Stay on topic. Attempts to hi-jack threads by switching topics or going off topic will be deleted and infractions issued. This is not a chat room - when people hi-jack threads by posting messages that are of interest to only few people, the threads often stop being useful discussions of initial topics.

GOING OFF TOPIC IS WORTHY OF INFRACTION AS STATED

Quote:
All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants.
This is a relocation forum, since it apparent we cant have civil only local politic discussion I strongly advise to continue future politics discussion in this forum --->>> Politics
State and cities forum are relocation forums. There whole list of other topic forums to choose wisely
General Forums
//www.city-data.com/forum/#general-forums

Main thing to keep in mind
Our opinions on a location or issue are just that, opinions.
Highly subjective. Personal preferences. Quirks, even. Leave wiggle room for dialogue, others may not see things the same as you, or been there as long as you, and any one of us can be wrong.
Pouncing on someone you disagree with runs contrary to the spirit of this board and its members.

We are here to help each other and build worthy useful threads and posts that is North Carolina related.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-08-2014 at 02:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina