Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:31 AM

3,375 posts, read 6,260,799 times

Advertisements

I don't ever see Fayetteville getting officially lumped with the Triangle. Yes I know the TV channels are put together. There are over 50 miles of nothing in between the two. That doesn't occur anywhere else in I-85 NC corridor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 05:26 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,501,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
OK wasn't sure if you meant exit 7 of the turnpike or exit 7 of 295. Also the Southern accent is much more noticeable in "Deep-South" Jersey.
I drove 295 much more often than the turnpike and I can't even remember what exit I was off 295 lol...I think it was Columbus/Mansfield or Mt Holly? And Bordentown was the turnpike iirc...it's been a few years

Old 09-03-2014, 06:27 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I drove 295 much more often than the turnpike and I can't even remember what exit I was off 295 lol...I think it was Columbus/Mansfield or Mt Holly? And Bordentown was the turnpike iirc...it's been a few years
LOL, I never drove the turnpike in South Jersey. I'm familiar w/exit 7 because for years 295 terminated within sight of exit 7. For years I went up to Princeton twice a year for a spectacular sale & I took a road from that point that turned into what seemed to be a colonial cowpath that somebody had covered with asphalt. Right there in the heart of the I 95 megapolis. You couldn't have driven a truck on it. Not even a pickup. If you met another car on that road someone was going to leave the asphalt.

I hope that this helps people who are thinking nonstop city to understand that that isn't what the I 95 megapolis is, so the I 85 megapolis will be no different. It's urbanization which can look pretty darned rural.

Old 09-03-2014, 10:09 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,306,402 times
The true definition of this megalopolis goes in to Upstate, SC. Possible even Columbia. This is inevitable and I think the smaller cities and towns will retain their identity. Thanks southbound295 and others for pointing out that even in the great and majestic Northeast, by which all cities and metros are held to for a standard and should strive to be like, there are pockets rural land.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:14 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
The true definition of this megalopolis goes in to Upstate, SC. Possible even Columbia. This is inevitable and I think the smaller cities and towns will retain their identity. Thanks southbound295 and others for pointing out that even in the great and majestic Northeast, by which all cities and metros are held to for a standard and should strive to be like, there are pockets rural land.
Thanks adavi. To really understand it people should take a few days or a week & go up. Check out Carroll County MD. Compare Baltimore & Philly. Spend a couple of days in South Jersey & SE PA. Particularly in the MidAtlantic it's not too different. Oh & you're totally missing it if you skip the Pine Barrens. Pay a visit to Chatsworth.

Extrapolating NYC & its metro to the whole megapolis is just wrong.

If you visit the not so urban areas in the megapolis you'll see that ours is much further along than you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina