Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2014, 10:34 AM

7 posts, read 9,650 times

Advertisements

Hello All

I am attempting to relocate to Hamilton NC from Hampton VA. As luck would have it, Murphy's law and the evil gods of VA are making this very small step a massive nightmare.

I would like to know if anyone knows of a possible form of transportation that lands close to such a small city or if there are alternatives once I've arrived in a larger city.

To clarify: Are there any buses, trains etc that would come to Hamilton, if not, what is the closest location in which I could arrive then find maybe a cab or something from there.

And yes, I realize renting a truck or car would be most effective.. it's not feasible at this present time due to the fact that I currently live in a Commonwealth where the laws only affect those who are not in the excessive wealth division.

Bunches and bunches of thanks to all who assist with a reply and even those that read my question. (I'm new to the forum so hope this is placed in the correct space) Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2014, 12:00 PM

327 posts, read 602,517 times
Hamilton is a tiny town that has no public transportation whatsoever. I don't even think that Williamston, which is the largest town in Martin County has public transportation.

From my research, the county has a transportation system for certain individuals. I'm sure you have to be elderly, disabled, or low-income to qualify. Here's the webiste: Transit

They have a phone number you can call to determine if you're eligible. Best of luck.

Old 09-08-2014, 03:55 PM

7 posts, read 9,650 times
Thank you so much! Not sure it will help in my situation but I do appreciate you taking the time to find that for me. It's really hard to get info on a place so tiny

This is totally an adventure or jump from my norm so to speak so .. what can I say hahaha every tiny part seems to have become a giant mountain to climb .. its nice to know they have a system that covers anything at all hahaha. Thanks for helping make this part of my journey a little less annoying, its really appreciated.

Old 09-08-2014, 06:30 PM

3,082 posts, read 4,852,030 times
You'll have to take the bus to Greenville and then make your way to Hamilton, back up Highway 11.

May I ask why you are going to Hamilton...for the purpose of seeing if there is someway for you to get there from Greenville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina