Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2014, 10:03 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,155,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
NC media outlets are still sitting on the Hagan stimulus money funneled to her husband and family. National news sources have picked it up but in NC nothing..........crickets.

"Funneled to her husband and family..."??? There was an application and approval process they followed just like everyone else who got stimulus money. The amended budget was also submitted and approved, with full and open acknowledgement that the leveraged funds (which weren't a requirement of the program in the first place) would be reduced. So what's the issue?

And before you or Waldo accuse me of partisanship here, know that I would be the first to cry foul is there was something fishy. I work in the area of fraud prevention/detection, I would never defend fraud. But this is clearly a case of the GOP trying to drum up a problem where there is none; a typical appeal to the dumbed-down electorate who would see this and assume it must be something underhanded, when in fact it was all done above-board and within the rules of the stimulus application process.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:07 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
You really should back this up instead of spending the majority of your time zinging one party over the other... You fall into the partisan trap of pointing out cliches you'd read on any right wing blog about the POTUS, sitting Dems, previous Dems, et al - so it's disingenuous to add this afterthought that there's no difference "where it matters". You either don't really believe that or just like to continue stirring the partisan pot.
I will back it up. You are seeing what you want to see. Go read my posts against Tillis & Phil Berger. I'd be surprised if you even know who Phil Berger might be. No matter. I'm just as critical against them. Here are a couple of examples. Furthermore, I clearly said in that topic that I will not vote for Tillis given his support for clear discrimination against citizens of NC.

So I've put up...... You get the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Berger I can understand. He is a right winger from a rural NC backwash.

Tillis on the other hand worked for IBM which decades ago started offering domestic benefits. His stance on this definitely changed when he once said the GOP was on the wrong side of this issue. I can imagine that this story played better in his home district near very upscale Lake Norman outside of Charlotte than it does in Western NC or to the Jessiecrats in the East. So now he has had to adopt the old Helms strategy of race baiting except now Gays & Lesbians are the target.

This seat, Jessie Helms old seat, should have been a relatively easy win from an ineffective Obama democrat, but Tillis has failed pull ahead in the polls. Bringing up a high profile court case as controversial has a mark of desperation of a campaign that knows it is in trouble. I think they were unprepared for the amount of money the Democrats were willing to pour into NC as they have far bigger troubles in other states, but Hagan is outspending Tillis 2 to 1. (according to them)

My guess, McCrory is happier than a pig in you know what, that he isn't running this year.

(my theory at least)
Quote:
NC still has automobile inspections because of the right winger GOP head of the Senate, Phil Berger. He owns a car dealership and makes a lot of money from the practice. He blocks attempts to have it repealed.

Old 10-15-2014, 10:11 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,155,424 times
Quote:
Furthermore, I clearly said in that topic that I will not vote for Tillis given his support for clear discrimination against citizens of NC.

Good to see you're making progress!

Old 10-15-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Good to see you're making progress!
So sad to see that you are not.

It's a crying shame this is the level of politician, both parties, that we have to choose from these days.

Old 10-16-2014, 07:15 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Quote:
It's a crying shame this is the level of politician, both parties, that we have to choose from these days.

Agreed. Hagan and Tillis are both poor choices. I just want this election over with so they will both shut the hell up.

#NoneOfTheAbove

Old 10-17-2014, 06:49 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
You should always vote, some group or party may try to take that right away. When you vote you may want to look for the people who want to over turn the Citizens United ruling.

Thats what I look for, as with many I am tired of the Out of State money being thrown around.

Old 10-17-2014, 07:14 AM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
You should always vote, some group or party may try to take that right away. When you vote you may want to look for the people who want to over turn the Citizens United ruling.

Thats what I look for, as with many I am tired of the Out of State money being thrown around.
Agreed. I always vote & frequently hold my nose to vote for a candidate because I'm usually casting a vote against the person who I feel will do the most harm.

Right now I've had it with the party of no. Mr Tillis has voted nothing but the party line in Raleigh. They have done real damage to people. I may not be thrilled with Hagan but she is the least of the evils.

Old 10-17-2014, 02:28 PM

^As long as it doesn't matter which of the 2 large parties ends up in office, then vote 3rd party as a protest vote.

As long as people vote for someone to be against the other party, then..... they have won, not you. You are just a pawn that's been played.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:20 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
^As long as it doesn't matter which of the 2 large parties ends up in office, then vote 3rd party as a protest vote.

As long as people vote for someone to be against the other party, then..... they have won, not you. You are just a pawn that's been played.
Not really, if the goal is to keep a particular person/party out of office. I don't care if there are 5 parties with 5 so-called top notch candidates from each party, the disgruntled public would still be extremely cynical about DC. The only difference between today's politicians and yesteryear's politicians is that it's simply impossible to fake the superhuman image with the proliferation of social media and other avenues to get information about people.

Any gaffe or miss-step instantly goes viral with anti-candidate/politician media outlets salivating at the trough to devour and consume one's public image. Expectations are unrealistic and advancements in technology allow for industries to setup shop anywhere in the world.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:59 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
I will back it up. You are seeing what you want to see. Go read my posts against Tillis & Phil Berger. I'd be surprised if you even know who Phil Berger might be. No matter. I'm just as critical against them. Here are a couple of examples. Furthermore, I clearly said in that topic that I will not vote for Tillis given his support for clear discrimination against citizens of NC.

So I've put up...... You get the rest.
I appreciate that - honestly. I've made my Nader vote in the past in protest. I get it. But, you have to at least consider that a protest vote is pretty much a non-vote in reality. Which candidate benefits more from that in the end? Because we both know either Hagan or Tillis will win. They're pretty much tied right about now.

The commercials are getting more interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina