Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2014, 04:28 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
.... I think these past 6years are owned by Obama. And I think Obama's economy and the direction of the economy is far better off than Bushes economy and the direction he took us.
LOL. Are you kidding? What relevant statistic to the common person has improved over the past 6 years?

• The work force has shrunk to the size that it was under Jimmy Carter.
  • Obama's Administration has borrowed more money from future taxpayers and our decendants than every single president before him combined.
  • Unprecedented (IMO unconstitutional) spying on American citizens.
  • Persecution of whistle blowers at a level never seen before.
  • His administration is made up of a revolving door of lobbyists, industry hacks, and the pure incompetent.
  • We have had many many more troops overseas fighting wars that don't end than we ever did under Bush.
  • Obama is now bombing his 7th Arab country in a futile attempt to end "terrorism".
  • 1 in 5 people in the USA are now on foodstamps. (an unprecedented high, by far)
  • The Federal Reserve is destroying the USD to the point that China & Russia have decoupled from it as a reserve currency.
  • Obama has made a laughing stock of the USA internationally.
  • He wasted ~$T on "stimulus" that ended up being a huge give away of pork projects.
I could go on, but in short IMO, Obama will easily beat GW Bush (itself a low standard) as one of the worst Presidents in US history.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 10-24-2014 at 05:34 PM..

Old 10-24-2014, 05:46 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Obama isnt running for mid terms in North Carolina, lets keep the focus of discussion on North Carolina mid term elections and the candidates running this mid term in this state please

Old 10-24-2014, 05:59 PM

Tomorrow (Saturday) will be the third day of early voting. Take advantage for those are off work.
To find a polling place address and hours they are open click this link here to find your polling place.
If not sure where your precinct is see post 237 to look up voter information

Early voting locations -> NC One-Stop Site Search Results

There is no more straight party voting, Im not sure if its this election or 2016 they are doing away with electronic voting converting to paper ballots, but either way allow ample time to vote for the best candidate.

For those looking candidates including judges who stand on the side of equality in this state click here.
Equality NC: 2014 EQUALITY NC ACTION FUND VOTER GUIDE

Old 10-25-2014, 06:24 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,212,614 times
For those who wish to see how Mr Tillis and his tax cut have helped NC see usdebtclock.org and go to state debt find NC.

Revenue very low compared to debt. Mr Tillis and his tax cut(then supposed pay increase) has created a mess.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:34 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,504 times
Oh GOSH. Now there's this:

US Senate candidate Thom Tillis reverses course, urges NC to consider expanding Medicaid | CharlotteObserver.com

I guess he thinks that getting rid of teachers makes us all automatically dumb.

Old 10-25-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post

Revenue very low compared to debt. Mr Tillis and his tax cut(then supposed pay increase) has created a mess.
But that debt was created by the Democrats, most notably, Beverly Perdue. The thing that tax & spenders never seem to realize that states have to pay back the money they borrow.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:14 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,979,219 times
Early voting in Gaston county used paper ballots. You ink in the little circles, and then they scan the ballot.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:16 AM

If Hagan, as the incumbent, can't break out of these 44%-46% polling numbers by the end of the week, then historically, she's in a lot of trouble. Her polling the last week of the election with Dole was ~52%.

Old 10-25-2014, 09:21 AM

6,116 posts, read 4,607,373 times
There is also a constitutional amendment that has been placed on the ballot but has received little publicity, since the focus has been on the Tillis-Hagan election and same-sex marriage issue. Not that those aren't important, but I think people need to remember that what the media largely ignores can have a larger impact on people than the "hot button" topics (local elections being another example). We have to be extremely vigilant to make sure items aren't "slipped" on the ballot, especially when there are a number of major elections or items that are drawing more public attention.

The amendment is to vote "for" or "against" the following":

Constitutional amendment providing that a person accused of any criminal offense for which the
State is not seeking a sentence of death in superior court may, in writing or on the record in court
and with the consent of the trial judge, waive the person's right to a trial by jury.

Incidentally, the bill was sponsored by Republican Senator Peter S. Brunstetter (resigned in December, 2013), who also sponsored the "North Carolina Same-Sex Marriage Amendment", which has recently been struck down as unconstitutional.

Public outreach to make people aware of this issue from both its proponents and the media has been lacking, at best.

One good source of information is a summary provided by the non-advocacy, non-partisan, UNC School of government found here:

http://sogpubs.unc.edu/electronicver...lonytrials.pdf

Last edited by Jowel; 10-25-2014 at 09:37 AM..

Old 10-25-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
Oh GOSH. Now there's this:

US Senate candidate Thom Tillis reverses course, urges NC to consider expanding Medicaid | CharlotteObserver.com

I guess he thinks that getting rid of teachers makes us all automatically dumb.
Base on listening in on some people talking politics at Flea Markets (which in NC alot of the poor elderly tend to be those that attend these) Also lurking coments on some news station FB pages Im shock on ignorance of possible voters.
I have to keep my mouth shut because I dont discuss politics around potential customers or nearby vendors who can send a negative vibe my way.

Anyways yesterday, I was listening in on this guy who didnt like Tillis or Hagan he also doesnt like things like this as he call it hand outs and think one should work for income and pay medical.

He not the first flip flopper and Hagan flips too but she wants to champion it being moderate like Richard Burr did.

Tillis is expecting a low voter turnout and Sean Haugh (sp) is stealing his votes so this is to get those who are leaning on voting 3rd party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina