Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 07:36 PM

4,834 posts, read 6,105,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailaway50 View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and research Wilmington & Southport also.

I'm so glad to hear you were a city dweller. I can tell from your posts that you're very happy to be "out of there.....". Just too changed from what it used to be.

Someone had told me that the schools in coastal towns can be an issue, if I move before my HS daught is finished. I understand there's a "Crotan" HS that serves part of Morehead, that's a very good public school. I think this is going to be a big part of the decision if I move prior to her finishing.....

We will probably come down early in the summer. Hey, we probably won't want to come back!

Thanks again for the info.
A few North Carolina links for you:
Welcome to The City of Southport Web Site
Historical New Bern, North Carolina
Welcome to Wilmington, North Carolina
Visit Wrightsville Beach, NC

That should give you a lot to digest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2008, 11:26 PM

1,006 posts, read 1,551,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubatz View Post
Thank you so much! We looked at some of the beautiful photos and the places really DO seem like "heaven." Will do more research with the links, but they all look great. And different. Southport looks unbelievable, and NB and Wilmington, too. Have not looked at the Wrightsville one just yet, but it's a great start. Thanks so much....keep you posted.

Old 04-02-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much! We looked at some of the beautiful photos and the places really DO seem like "heaven." Will do more research with the links, but they all look great. And different. Southport looks unbelievable, and NB and Wilmington, too. Have not looked at the Wrightsville one just yet, but it's a great start. Thanks so much....keep you posted.
It will be hard to find a place you won't like on the NC coast, but there are a few places that are so outstanding you won't believe it. Happy hunting!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:31 PM

I contacted a realtor in the Morehead & New Bern area and I see there's an agreement regarding all NC realtors work for the sellers (kind of a buyer beware?). It's a little early for that, but I was just wondering if this is boiler plate and searching/purchasing there is like anywhere else....

Maybe this is the wrong thread, but I was wondering about that....

Old 04-03-2008, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralCoastalGuy View Post
It will be hard to find a place you won't like on the NC coast, but there are a few places that are so outstanding you won't believe it. Happy hunting!
Tried to DM you with a question but it wouldn't let me...?

Old 04-04-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I contacted a realtor in the Morehead & New Bern area and I see there's an agreement regarding all NC realtors work for the sellers (kind of a buyer beware?). It's a little early for that, but I was just wondering if this is boiler plate and searching/purchasing there is like anywhere else....

I don't know how to respond to that as I sold my home last year and the realtor I had worked for ME...and the realtor representing the buyer worked for HER. For reasons i shall not go into I have disabled my DMs...far too many and far too many weird ones.

Perhaps a realtor can jump in here or better you go into the Coastal North Carolina forum as there are realtors in there. Good luck

Old 04-04-2008, 11:02 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
Quote:

If I understand you right, you are concerned about buyers rights?

In NC all realtors in a deal do represent the seller client, unless or until they are hired to represent a particular buyer - then they are a buyers agent and will protect that buyer against all other realtors working for a seller. Basically, a realtor has an obligation to the listings and the sellers of those listings. But the minute a buyer actively hires an agent and gets his own representation that buyer realtor owes this buyer all his/her loyalty, not the seller. Does that help?

Old 04-04-2008, 11:49 PM

Thanks. It seemed that in NC one could ONLY have a realtor who represented the seller. I am ot sure what you mean by "hire" a realtor (buyer doing this). I think here, you can choose and then the seller is notified that this realtor is working for the buyer. The "hiring" term I wasn't sure. They always get paid out of the seller's commission, though.....maybe I was tirede when I read it.
Thanks again!

Old 04-05-2008, 02:49 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,359,138 times
Quote:
Thanks. It seemed that in NC one could ONLY have a realtor who represented the seller. I am ot sure what you mean by "hire" a realtor (buyer doing this). I think here, you can choose and then the seller is notified that this realtor is working for the buyer. The "hiring" term I wasn't sure. They always get paid out of the seller's commission, though.....maybe I was tirede when I read it.
Thanks again!
No problem...

You "hire" a realtor to help you buy a home by signing a "buyer agency agreement". You aren't locked into that agent for months and months like when you hire a listing agent. You can hire them just to represent you for one day of househunting if you want. No money is exchanged - IF the buyer agent ends up finding you a home and representing you they are paid by the commission the seller is paying. Hope this helps

Old 05-27-2008, 02:47 AM

9 posts, read 37,558 times
Smile Macawheaven's 11 acres in Littleton

Hello Mac, I know that area well. 11 acres is a nice size spread and will give you options. I love the Mosby Avenue area and have had my eye on some property there. It is a different world there, and they are very suspicious of outsiders. It will take a year or two for folks to get use to you. Best wishes to you and your husband. I prefer Littleton over Roanoke Rapids hands down. I bought a cute little brick house in 1994 in Roanoke Rapids. Dumbest people that I have ever met in my life live there. I put my house on the market after owning it only 30 days. It took me two years to sell and I got only one offer that I pounced on without hesitation.

MizSeeker, You may want to look at Saxapahaw. Awesome property in that area. Pittsboro has become an extension of Chapel Hill. I had a house in Pittsboro for two years and loved the quaintness of Pittsboro. But they have serious issues with schools/taxes/corruption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina