Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2014, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 1,981 times

Advertisements

Hello my family and I are wanting to move out of Cali and move to NC. I just would like to know about the jobs and areas to move to that are open to family's nice ppl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 10:36 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,055,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsglenn1 View Post
I just would like to know about the jobs and areas to move to that are open to family's nice ppl
You need to be more specific--- What kind of jobs would you be looking for?

I would say that 98% of North Carolina towns are good for families in some manner. Are you looking for great schools? Are you looking for areas where everyone attends church? Are you looking for areas where you can have 10 acres to raise horses?

Are you interested in good-size cities or small towns? Closer to the beaches or to the mountains?

Old 11-10-2014, 11:12 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,832,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsglenn1 View Post
Hello my family and I are wanting to move out of Cali and move to NC. I just would like to know about the jobs and areas to move to that are open to family's nice ppl
Have you ever been to NC? If so, what parts? If not, then why are you interested in moving here?

You need to provide a lot more detail, such as why you're moving, what kind of terrain (mountains, coast, or in between) you are looking for, what kind of JOBS you would be looking for (best to find one before moving), many other details about what you're looking for.

It's like someone saying "I want to move to California--how are the jobs and what areas are best?" It is just impossible to answer with such a vague statement.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:52 PM

62 posts, read 79,389 times
You can find a job just about anywhere in NC. It may however be a low paying food industry job depending on the town. Also if you choose a coastal beach town then the jobs there may be seasonal only. You may have to go further out to find a job year round. Most hospitals and clinics need RN nurses and even CNA nurse assistants. You may be able to find a data entry position there working in a clinic or the front desk somewhere. Depends on the type of work you do. Specialized positions might be available and they might not be. Construction jobs.... some places seem to be doing well in that area and others are struggling so it all depends on where exactly you are thinking and what you can do.

Families, most places seem to be family friendly and there are good schools scattered about. Not all places in NC have sidewalks to walk on. A lot of it is farmland so it lacks lots of city norms. They have all the large chain stores in the bigger cities and so forth but still lack sidewalks so your family will most likely want to drive when out and about to be safer. Plus because of all the farmlands the distance to things is a bit farther.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina