Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 01:28 PM

72 posts, read 226,564 times

Advertisements

NJMom, Good Luck on your scouting trip! I was in Charlotte last weekend and I really enjoyed it. I mainly drive around all over the city and surrounding areas to get a "feel" for the place and I loved it. My family and I are looking forward to calling NC our Home!!!
Have Fun!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2006, 01:41 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,846,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMom View Post
In hindsight, I guess I could have done that in NJ-but for some reason didn't.
Once we started thinking of relocating I did everything in my power to make my life more... sane. I cut my volunteer and political activities down to the ones that remained relevant, I tried hard to get people to carpool with me.
I succeeded in a lot of ways, but living on Long Island, there were some things I could not control. I could not make work less stressful, I could not make the 5 hours or more I spent driving around all day dissappear, either.

One sad casualty of being here is that I miss my daily interactions with my friends, the phone is not the same. It took years to build those friendships and it will take years to build new ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina