Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2008, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 2,176 times

Advertisements

This was the first time I attempted to get my driver's lisence. Passed all my exams except for the on-road portion. When she explained why, she said it was because I took a turn too hard. The accelerator in the car's stiff, I pressed the pedal down, and all I did was jerk the car a little hard. And that's why she failed me. The rest of it I did perfectly. I also only missed two questions on the written test. She told me to get a learner's permit then come back in a week, so I paid my $15.00. I feel like I've been done wrong and that I shouldn't go back. I will more than likely get the same lady. She tried to schedual me for next week. I know I can't do very much with a learner's permit, but I really don't want to go back and get another lame reason. I'm planning on going to Lousiana soon, I have family I visit often there, but if I get it there then I'd have to take the test all over again. What should I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 06:51 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Do what you feel is best.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:58 PM

126 posts, read 579,352 times
Test at a different DMV.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:26 AM

799 posts, read 3,225,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyhen View Post
Test at a different DMV.
Yeah, DITTO! If you want to get sticky about it, ask the DMV for a rule book or guideline of some sort to see hwo they test. It might be this person has done this sort of thing before. I think that's really taking it a bit far, I agree wtih your impression of it. I DO have to say though, I think alot of certain kinds of establishments in the south do seem to be wickedly authoritarian - sort of a good 'ol boys mentality. Public school adminstration, DMVS, traffic cops. It's a stereotype but it tends to be true when you compare it other parts of the United States. Having coming from a military family and having lived in 21 different states and 4 other countries, I can assure you what I say is true, in my opinion only however, and that is just compared to everywhere else.

How long winded was that?! LOL!

Anyhow, good luck. Go get your driver's license, dude.

Old 01-14-2008, 10:38 AM

89 posts, read 311,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHateDMVs View Post
This was the first time I attempted to get my driver's lisence. Passed all my exams except for the on-road portion. When she explained why, she said it was because I took a turn too hard. The accelerator in the car's stiff, I pressed the pedal down, and all I did was jerk the car a little hard. And that's why she failed me. The rest of it I did perfectly. I also only missed two questions on the written test. She told me to get a learner's permit then come back in a week, so I paid my $15.00. I feel like I've been done wrong and that I shouldn't go back. I will more than likely get the same lady. She tried to schedual me for next week. I know I can't do very much with a learner's permit, but I really don't want to go back and get another lame reason. I'm planning on going to Lousiana soon, I have family I visit often there, but if I get it there then I'd have to take the test all over again. What should I do?

I also despise the DMV. Let's face it.. the people that work there are on power trips.. all of them. They figure out that they basically have control of you and love to tell you what you can't do.. they seriously enjoy telling you NO.

Example: I checked the website to see what I needed to transfer my licence from Colorado. It said you needed proof of citizenship and listed a # of forms of ID. Passport, birthcertificate, paycheck stub, W2 etc.. so I gathered what I could and went down.. even though the website said a paycheck stub I was told NO.. the entire social security # was not on it. When I pointed out that the website did not say it had to have the entire soc sec. # on it the guy told me I was wrong.. well; I told him I was not wrong and it got messy from there. I was literally thrown out and they refused to report this fact so that others like me did not waste time.. that is ALL I wanted.. was to help others.. well.. they are friggen puppets and dont know how to do anything but what they are told of course... so they would not do it.

I walked away thinking that I just gave them their entertainment for the day.. just to test my theory I then went to the car registration office.. I KNEW that I could not register my car without a drivers license in NC but I was curious as to how they would handle me..

The woman at the counter gleefully said "there is nothing i can do for you".. I said, well thats a shame because now I cannot go to work.. she said, "nothing I can do for you" and practically cracked a smile. THEY ENJOY TELLING PEOPLE NO..

And dont give me the underpayed thing... if you dont like your job then go find one where you dont have to make people miserable around you..

Losers. Why can't people be nice and have some empathy these days? Its so messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina