Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 05:13 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
Where is this bill at in the legislature? Me and my wife are considering NC as one of the states we may want to move to but if this passes that will narrow our list quickly.
SB 346 is at the very early stage and has been referred to the Senate Committee on Healthcare:

North Carolina General Assembly - Senate Bill 346 Information/History (2015-2016 Session)

My prediction is that it won't be approved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 08:03 AM

415 posts, read 606,739 times
Quote:
Where is this bill at in the legislature? Me and my wife are considering NC as one of the states we may want to move to but if this passes that will narrow our list quickly.
Write the local senators that are proposing the bill and let them know that. I've already done so, and others I know that live here have as well.
We were in the same position as you and we chose this place based on several criteria and vaccine laws were up at the top. But do understand finding a pediatrician here that will see an unvaccinated or not up to date on vaccines child will be quite difficult no matter what the reason (even medical) even if this doesn't pass. Even dentists have turned him away, its ridiculous considering half of the adults in the waiting room aren't up to date either. If you read my previous posts, it took several pediatricians and a referral from a friend to find one that would even see my child. Feel free to PM.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:43 AM

282 posts, read 820,050 times
Wow a bill that seems like a good idea! It's uncommon to see something I can support from our NC legislators, I'm glad to see this.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:42 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,376,202 times
Quote:
Its been withdrawn and will not be enacted.

Old 05-05-2015, 10:04 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metairie View Post
There's two sides to every story that's why choice is so important.
The two sides in this story are: overwhelming, scientific and medical evidence & opinions.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
The two sides in this story are: overwhelming, scientific and medical evidence & opinions.
All "excepted" studies paid for by the people that make the product and the country that pays the claims. But I'm sure they are completely fair and honest without conflict of interest. Its a denial of science to refuse any studies "not" funded by big pharma, but I guess anyone thats not on their billion dollar payroll is a quack and will lose their license soon enough.

Last edited by Metairie; 05-05-2015 at 06:25 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 10:51 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metairie View Post
All "excepted" studies paid for by the people that make the product and the country that pays the claims. But I'm sure they are completely fair and honest without conflict of interest. Its a denial of science to refuse any studies "not" funded by big pharma, but I guess anyone thats not on their billion dollar payroll is a quack and will lose their license soon enough.
So, are your opinions on medical / pharmaceutical research based on your own experiences working in that field, or based on what you may have read on websites like Natural News?

Old 05-12-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
So, are your opinions on medical / pharmaceutical research based on your own experiences working in that field, or based on what you may have read on websites like Natural News?
The only two countries that allow pharmaceutical advertising are the US and new Zealand. Among the top 10 television advertisers in the US are pharmaceutical companies, Proctor and Gamble ranks number one. You would have to pretty naive to not think that effects what the news and media conveys to the public out of fear of upsetting their biggest advertisers.

One of many sites on biggest advertisers:
http://www.businessinsider.com/12-bi...in-2013-2014-6
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina