Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2015, 01:18 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,440,107 times

Advertisements

The 5,000-square-foot restaurant, called Essex Bar and Bistro, is slated to open at 101 S. Tryon St. by the end of the summer, owner Pete Lloyd says.
[IMG]http://media.bizj.us/view/img/1995211/essex-bar-and-bistro-uptown-charlotte*750xx3986-2250-0-0.jpg[/IMG] Enlarge

Old 12-23-2015, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
They say Christmas is the time of miracles lol. We finally agree on something,miracle!

18 months isn't a long time for a public project,granted. I just wouldn't consider it "current development". Especially with our experience with Union station and even Dix Park. Every time you think you're there,something happens. The 10 million dollar shortfall for example.

Either way I hope Charlotte's Gateway station gets built. The current station the city/state should be ashamed!
Quick story. When I first started dating my fiancé she still lived in Charlotte. So I would ride the train down for the weekend. The first time I got on in Raleigh,terrible dump also. Expecting to get off at some grand station in Charlotte. Boy was I suprised! From bad to really bad! NC's top cities shouldn't have crap stations. I can only inagine what people passing thru from other states think!

The station is own by the rail road. It is the biggest dump of a train station in North Carolina. Now you can see why Charlotte is working for a new station.

Old 12-23-2015, 01:38 PM

N.C. hits a milestone: 10 million people

Propelled largely by growth in Charlotte and Raleigh area has push North Carolina into 9th place in
population in the US.

Commuters exit Charlotte on to US 74. Propelled largely by growth in its two largest urban centers, North Carolina’s population crossed the 10 million mark in the past year. Jeff Siner jsiner@charlotteobserver.com
Read more here: N.C. hits a milestone: 10 million people | The Charlotte Observer

Old 12-23-2015, 01:39 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
The station is own by the rail road. It is the biggest dump of a train station in North Carolina. Now you can see why Charlotte is working for a new station.
It is a dump. Hopefully soon that will be corrected soon. Heck,Cary's station is nicer than the Raleigh and Charlotte station. Not good. Fox better come up with the money! While he's throwing around money. He can throw a little his old capital cities way,just saying

While I'm in the Christmas spirit I'll share a little story,with the Charlotte crew. As y'all have been called. Some of you think I hate or are in some way jealous of your great city. Quite the opposite. Most of the stuff y'all post about as soon as I'm in town,I go check out. That Essex Bar is high on the list. Being from "drunk town" you know I love a bar lol.

Most of my co workers had never been to Charlotte before. Until I started visiting and telling them how nice of a city Charlotte was. Now every time I look up they're on the way to the "big city" as we call it.

Both the Triangle and Charlotte are great places. With much to offer. The recent article about NC passing 10 million people is evidence of that. Because most of the growth is in,you geussd it. Triangle and Charlotte.

Keep the developments coming. Without the other bs. I'll do my best to ignore the trolls. It's hard but it's my New Years resolution!

Merry Christmas happy holidays and Happy New Year.

Btw will be in the big city on New Years(getting married) and bringing in the new year right!!!!!!

Last edited by Atowwn; 12-23-2015 at 01:58 PM..

Old 12-23-2015, 02:20 PM

I hope that Charlotte and Raleigh and other large cities in North Carolina can have a great 2016.

Old 12-23-2015, 02:34 PM

Has Residence Inn started construction in downtown Raleigh yet?

Old 12-23-2015, 02:37 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,646 times
Quote:
Has Residence Inn started construction in downtown Raleigh yet?
Jan 7th. As far I know.

Old 12-23-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
They say Christmas is the time of miracles lol. We finally agree on something,miracle!

18 months isn't a long time for a public project,granted. I just wouldn't consider it "current development". Especially with our experience with Union station and even Dix Park. Every time you think you're there,something happens. The 10 million dollar shortfall for example.

Either way I hope Charlotte's Gateway station gets built. The current station the city/state should be ashamed!
Quick story. When I first started dating my fiancé she still lived in Charlotte. So I would ride the train down for the weekend. The first time I got on in Raleigh,terrible dump also. Expecting to get off at some grand station in Charlotte. Boy was I suprised! From bad to really bad! NC's top cities shouldn't have crap stations. I can only inagine what people passing thru from other states think!

Charlotte's Gateway station is in active stage of planning. There is funding in place and more to come. This is a very complicated project. A lot of work will have to be made to the tracks for freight and Amtrak for it to work. A lot of this work has to be done be for any construction on Gateway Station.
As far as Gateway Station a temporary station must be design before construction can start.

Fox said he would try to work out a solution for the Lynx Red Line (35 miles) with NS and CATS.

The red line if build would be serve by gateway station.
The Lynx Gold line is schedule to be built by the time work starts on the Gateway Station. It will also connect to Gateway Station.

When LRT to the airport is built, it also will use Gateway Station.

So at this point a lot of planning and design is being done. At this time I would say it is a future project and will be built.

Old 12-23-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Jan 7th. As far I know.

From what I have read on downtown Raleigh they have been waiting 2 half years for a hotel to be built.

There is a rush here in Charlotte to get more hotels built before the NBA All Star in 2017.

Embassy Suites just open.

Springhill Inn under construction late 2016 or early 2017.

Ivy's Hotel will be done in 2016 now under construction.

AC Hotel & Residence Inn will cut it close in 2017

Kimpton Hotel under Construction, don't know if it will make it.

There are 12 other hotels plan or announced, but I don't think they will make the All Star game.

Last edited by CLT1985; 12-23-2015 at 04:56 PM..

Old 12-23-2015, 10:14 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,395,326 times
Quote:
From what I have read on downtown Raleigh they have been waiting 2 half years for a hotel to be built.

There is a rush here in Charlotte to get more hotels built before the NBA All Star in 2017.

Embassy Suites just open.

Springhill Inn under construction late 2016 or early 2017.

Ivy's Hotel will be done in 2016 now under construction.

AC Hotel & Residence Inn will cut it close in 2017

Kimpton Hotel under Construction, don't know if it will make it.

There are 12 other hotels plan or announced, but I don't think they will make the All Star game.

Not sure what Charlotte's hotel projects have to do in regards to when he answered the question on when the residence inn starts construction.

It comes across as "mine is bigger than yours"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina