Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 09:27 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,861,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
I've never been to a Wegmans. I'm curious to see what all the hype is about. With all the new supermarket brands coming to Raleigh. We might need to rebrand ourselves as NC's supermarket capital. Lidi,Sprouts,and now Wegmans. I'm a Aldi kind of guy. So I'm looking forward to Lidi. Either way it's always good to have good options.

Back to an earlier post about the food hall and Mr Mitchell. According to what I heard. He never owned the Pit. He was just the face out front. Mr Hatem(Empire Properties) was the actual owner. He owns both the Raleigh and Durham locations. But anyway they had a falling out and parted ways. As for the Que in DT Durham. I'd call that a giant failure. It was at the front door of DBAP. Smack in the middle of American Tobacco. How you can't make that work is beyond me? Let's hope he finds a good business partner to deal with operations. So he can stick to what he's famous for. Some of the best BBQ I've ever had.

Either way I'm looking forward to the food hall opening up. Passed by there last week. It looks like they've started working on the place already. The entire Warehouse looks like one big construction site. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Never been to wegmans either but this vid makes me think if anything people would go for prepared meals and maybe a few extra grocery items that the others don't carry. And yeah, they are going to have to change the logo to a shopping cart soon, since H-Mart is here too(well eventually)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqBgucs8V7Y

Old 11-11-2016, 09:52 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,861,257 times
http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/...ojects.html#g1

Old 11-20-2016, 11:03 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,418,509 times
I can not find any list of Chrlotte most expensive projects.
Charlotte Douglas international Airport 2.5 Billion
Lynx Blue Line extension 1,06 Billion
Charlotte Observer Site 1.4 Billion
Charlotte Gold line 150 million for 2.5 Miles and 43.4 million for 7 cars
Stonewall Station over 500 Million
Brooklyn Village over 899 million.
These are the only project I could get information on.
I know of 15 projects in uptown and information is not easy to get.
Southend, Midtown Elizabeth, and Dilworth are more than I and willing to look up.

Old 11-20-2016, 12:13 PM

7,052 posts, read 12,271,696 times
It's really hard to keep up with. In uptown, we now have 38 buildings that stand 250 feet tall or better. By 2018, that number could grow to 42. By 2020, who knows. I'm most impressed with the light rail extension. North Tryon looks so different now that there are light rail tracks and stations in its median. Also, train cars are now being parked at Parkwood Station. It won't be long before North Charlotte gets rail service!

Old 11-20-2016, 08:36 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,939,982 times
Downtown construction continues on in Greensboro, just a couple of recent pics and some info.

Bellemeade village, 4 acre mixed use city block. Luxury apartments/retail.

The Lot for the proposed 561 foot mixed use office/residential tower across the street is also now finally seeing some movement, when complete it will be the tallest tower outside of charlotte.

Lot for midrise Downtown GPAC

Downtown Mixed use unviserty square devolopment/UNCG urban expansion . Consisting of apartments, commercial. And 1 highrise hotel tower.

Finished structure at Greensboros largest and newest downtown park, Lebauer Park. Which is next to center city park.

A third downtown park has also been confirmed recently, called railway park, it will sit near the downtown bus/train depot.

The mixed use music factory type venue was also completed,

Old 11-21-2016, 11:49 AM

Thanks GSOCitizen need more from Greensboro & W/S
Love Railway Park.
Greensboro looks like Charlotte and Raleigh with all those apartments.
Good to see NC large metros doing well.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:54 PM

Where are millennials moving to?

https://www.apartmentlist.com/renton...lation-trends/

Old 12-01-2016, 07:52 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,504,443 times
Updated rendering for Tower 4 North Hills(Midtown) Raleigh. It looks like they've made quite a few changes. I like the updated version much better. Hopefully they get rollin soon! Tower 4 | Kane Realty Corporation

Development projects in North Carolina-image.jpeg

Old 12-03-2016, 04:42 AM

Delete

Last edited by YinXyang; 12-03-2016 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: Double post

Old 12-03-2016, 04:53 AM

Greensboro, Roy carrolls Project 561 render in two plots, beside newbridgebank park stadium, or elm plot. I prefer elm, other plot looks out of place, but what a spectacular looking tower.

First plot: next Roy Carrols center lointe condo tower (right)

2nd plot: Next to newbridge bank park.

From the 2nd plot, the veiw of the skyline from the ballpark will be completely blocked due to the 4 acre 8 mixed use bellemeade village city block going up. This.

This being the official render, goes with the look of the tower. And looks spectacular aswell, a real game changer for downtown.

A new 7 story hotel was proposed for the north end of downtown near city view apartments.

An 8 story mixed use building was proposed for the still under construction union square research park.

This is the downtown reasearch park render, (some buildings missing.)

One bulding complete

Just Outside of downtown, an 18 story conference hotel was annonced for the Gate city area:

Current pic of Gate city area ariel

The green in front of the white tower is where the future building will sit. The render is not available.

Meanwhile heading along gate city blvd heading into uptown, sparttan village continues to reshape the entire area.

Last edited by YinXyang; 12-03-2016 at 05:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina