U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 11:58 AM

35,883 posts, read 71,385,991 times

Advertisements

Did i miss it - or did you advise how many acres you are looking for?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 06:45 AM

214 posts, read 653,942 times
No, they are not mainstream LDS, and I missed why LDS was even mentioned.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:34 AM

45,246 posts, read 94,186,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santos View Post
I am guessing the op used the term "latter day saints" (small letters) to mean regular people living today hoping to attain heavan, not the Latter Day Saints (capitalized) meaning the Mormon church

Old 01-24-2008, 03:23 PM

Quote:

"A Vision has been given to us to gather some of the Latter-Days' Saints in a Location Apart . . ."

That is why I asked the question. I also asked about acreage, as I do have some suggestions for various counties but it all depends on how much acreage they would want . . . and I was trying to figure out (prior to the post explaining this is a group of messianic jews) how receptive the natives in some of those counties would be. Since Mormon/LDS church is well-established, I thought - hmmm - surely people would be receptive to Mormons.

So that is why I asked that question.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:06 PM

In your initial post you lightly mention "messianic" while throwing around "Vision" and "Latter-Days' Saints" (sic). I am of the opinion that you are simply looking to inflame.

Good luck in your quest to fulfill your "Vision".

Old 01-24-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
In your initial post you lightly mention "messianic" while throwing around "Vision" and "Latter-Days' Saints" (sic). I am of the opinion that you are simply looking to inflame.

Good luck in your quest to fulfill your "Vision".
Santos, not sure why you would say this?

Old 01-25-2008, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Santos, not sure why you would say this?
I regret not keeping my mouth shut. If a group of people want to form a community and advertise for a venue, fine. I am sensitive to the erroneous negativity assigned to the LDS faith, or any faith for that matter, and over-reacted.

Apology if I offended.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
I regret not keeping my mouth shut. If a group of people want to form a community and advertise for a venue, fine. I am sensitive to the erroneous negativity assigned to the LDS faith, or any faith for that matter, and over-reacted.

Apology if I offended.
Uh - as to "erroneous negativity" - I was just going on what the person posted. I have no ill will at all towards Mormons - have friends and neighbors who are Mormon. I asked the question based on what the person posted - "Latter Day Saints." - and if you will notice - the poster DID capitalize the phrase. I surely had nothing negative to say about the group at all - regardless what faith.

I would never disparage anyone's faith. I surely hope you did not feel that I had in any way insinuated something negative by simply asking the question.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:16 AM

Quote:

Apology if I offended.
Hey, no harm done (as far as I am concerned ) - I was just trying to understand your mindset. I'm guessing you are Mormon and somehow felt put on the defensive? I think Ani has now explained she didn't intend her question to have that reaction. Hope we are all okay now.

Old 01-25-2008, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Uh - as to "erroneous negativity" - I was just going on what the person posted. I have no ill will at all towards Mormons - have friends and neighbors who are Mormon. I asked the question based on what the person posted - "Latter Day Saints." - and if you will notice - the poster DID capitalize the phrase. I surely had nothing negative to say about the group at all - regardless what faith.

I would never disparage anyone's faith. I surely hope you did not feel that I had in any way insinuated something negative by simply asking the question.
I meant what the person posted, not anything you posted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina