U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 02:43 PM

214 posts, read 653,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post

No reason to put in religion - but essential to know how much acreage is needed.
OK!!! THAT'S what I was trying to say!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 03:01 PM

35,883 posts, read 71,390,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by santos View Post
OK!!! THAT'S what I was trying to say!!!
HEE HEE HEE. Just gotta laugh, Santos. This thread has just been a mess!!!! So sorry for the misunderstanding on my part. Dear me.

And - Where is the OP??? HELLO MR ORIGINAL POSTER.

How many acres????20? 50? 500? 1000???

Old 01-25-2008, 04:53 PM

7 posts, read 21,962 times
You are right, bibit612. It is not my intention to discuss religion in this post. My presence, here, is exclusively to find real estate. I was trying for a while to clarify where I was coming from to some of our members. I am thankful to find that some souls, here, are good kindhearted folks. My apologies if I ever gave such an impression. Suffer, still, that I honor the following member's curiosity:

Anifani821,
We are not Mormons. We are Messianic Jews. We keep Pesah (Passover, Shavu'ot (called Pentecost by the Christians), Yom Shopharim (Day or Feast of Trumpet), Yom HaKippurim (Day of Atonement), Sukkot (Feast of Booth or Tabernacles), Hannukah (Feast of Light or Dedication of the Temple), etc. We keep Torah, the New Testament, and we eat kosher. There are a few other things, but we do not discuus religion, here. This is not what this Forum is for. I can only tell this much to ellucidate you a bit about who we are. The expression Latter-Days' Saints is a way to refer to believers of the last days.
As for acreage, minimum 20. This is only for a center. Members are free to purchase land and properties in the town where we are directed to settle.
Thanks for your help.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:10 PM

35,883 posts, read 71,390,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shofar View Post
As for acreage, minimum 20. This is only for a center. Members are free to purchase land and properties in the town where we are directed to settle. Thanks for your help.
Here are some counties where you could find large parcels of land, suitable for farming as well as residential development. There are no large towns in these counties, but rather small towns and communities. It may be difficult to find jobs in these counties. If your community is to be self-sustaining, it would be no problem.

Alleghany
Alexander
Cleveland
Surry

Good luck with your search!

Old 01-26-2008, 07:07 AM

Dear friends of this Post, Shalom to all of you.
Sometimes it's hard to decode a message received from someone because of either semantics or one's own chemical state of mind for the moment, even though the sender might think and feel that his message is entirely clear and with all good intention. Also we, here, in cyberspace, we cannot hear the tone of anybody's voice, be it sweet, gentle, soft, carressing, or else. Therefore, please, let us not assume the worst, but the best that we all have to offer to one another.
For some reason, __and we can all see the hands of apocalyptic Chaos now at work all over the world__, some perturbance in the cosmos causes all of us to get a bit edgy, although it is not the way we are, and we mean absolutely no harm. I'd say we have the power to reclaim what are supposed to be: kind, loving, forgiving, caring, tolerant, unpresumptuous, patient, and peace loving. There is a spirit that is seeking to creep in among us so that it could work harvoc and destruction. It does that by constant insinuations and innuendoes. You can spot its unpleasant head from the beginning of this thread which is only here to seek for a place where some god-fearing people can walk in the path of peace, tranquility, sereenity, and sanctification. One of the subtle way that spirit works is by bringing in negative thoughts that cause its host to react and think, a bit negatively. Please, let us not allow it to be. Let us not allow it to filter in.

Think of this Forum as our small univers. Each of us is a transmiter-receiver. Let us tune in to good, positive thoughts, which are more powerful and conducive to nurturing life among us. We must take control by ignoring any perceived negativity. The more we magnify good thoughts and feelings, the more the negative mind will just fade away. Sometimes, you'll notice, as we try to take control and emit the positive, the negative spirit will bang louder and louder, for it hates to not have its way that leads to darkness and which stands against the presence of Light and Love ; but don't turn to look back and entertain it. That spirit can and is pertinacious, but I assure you that it is not very persuasive. In the end we all win.

It is for good reason that Master Yahshua says, "Blessed are the peace makers, for they shall be called children of Elohim."

Thank you to all of you. I am in South Florida. And I know you are best suited to help us. Here are some of the criteria to keep in mind:

Town Choice Criteria
__must be rural
__low-to-moderate cost of living/land/housing
__presence of rural economic program
__employment opportunities in nearby cities/short commute: 40 mins/max
__quality of education
__small demographics
__no oligarchic control of citizens
__unbelievable low-crime rate
__a mosaic of peoples, skin complexion, and tongues

Land Choice Criteria
__partly clear/partly wooded
__preferable with ponds/creek or natural spring (if possible)
__with structures [house (manufactured, ok), horse stall (ok), barns]
__zoned residential/agricultural; clay soil is fine.
__city water, preferable
__utility poles: electicity, phone
__no Deed Restrictions
__far from shooting range and Army Bases

Old 01-26-2008, 07:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 61,684,267 times
The recommindations mentioned above I cannot think of any of those that do not meet your criteria except depending on the location you choose you may either be on county water or well water and probably a septic system.
Due to you asked for
Quote:
mosaic of peoples, skin complexion, and tongues
you are going to find one of three type of races (white, black, hispanic) with probably a strong christian belief in these rural locations since most of them are brought up that way and North Carolina rural areas tend to be close knit communities with what I call "family streets" Mom lives next door, cousin up the road, brother across the street.

Old 01-26-2008, 07:23 AM

4,833 posts, read 5,799,116 times
Shofar:

I just read and digested your wish list requirements.

This is a military friendly State and it will be hard to be too far from a military base, be it Army, Marines or Air Force. I am about 30 miles from Fort Bragg but hear ongoing war games...about 45 miles from the Air Force base in Goldsboro but see and hear fighter jets every day. Those are sounds of America's Armed Forces staying ready to defend America. I am a former Special Ops Army Officer so those are pleasant sounds to me

Truthfully I think your search will be fruitless as I cannot perceive of any place here that will give you more than 75% of what your requirement list states that you are asking for.

My best friend also lives in Florida and he is an Orthodox Jew who follows the Safardic Ways and he knows nothing about your particular sect.

Good luck in your search as I believe it will be a difficult one to achieve.

My two cents and that's all I will have to say on this topic.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:20 AM

7,087 posts, read 13,854,667 times
Just a tip, dig your holes in the fall, and plant your fruit trees in the dead of winter. The trees will be asleep and not know they have been transplanted. When they awaken in spring, they just start growing, no transplant shock.

Old 01-26-2008, 12:32 PM

Thank you Rhodes for the tip, and Unclebatz for your good advice.

Your two cents, UncleBatz are well received.
I love our servicemen. I am from a military family, from father to uncles, and great grand-father. I just would want to be too close to avoid noise and any regretable accidents. Thanks to thoughtful and supportive members of this Forum I am getting closer to my goal. My eyes are now on Randolph, Montgomery, moore, Richmond, Stanly, and Anson. Now, I just have to find the best small town in any of the above that satisfy most of my criteria.

Anifani, Sunnykayak, mm34b, lovesmountains, TLC3, and the rest, but not least of you guys, my sincere gratitude to you.

Old 01-26-2008, 08:59 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,001,279 times
I understand that a group of Menonite families have bought a large tract of farmland along the Pee-Dee River in Anson County near the NC/SC line. That is a very sparcely settled area. I understand they are excellent neighbors. The nearest community, not really a town or village, is Morven, NC. I would estimate the distance to metropolitan Charlotte at 50+ miles but work and markets for your crops and products might be found much closer in Wadesboro NC, Monroe NC and Bennettsville, SC. The school system would be Anson County. It is an area with abundant wildlife, good farmland at a very reasonable price and few neighbors. Good luck

Last edited by Major Minor; 01-26-2008 at 10:20 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina