Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 04:22 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,693 times

Advertisements

Kimbarah,

Visit the NC State Fairgrounds website at http://www.ncstatefair.org/fleamarket.htm (broken link)
Let me know what you think about this.

Debbie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2006, 06:55 AM

6 posts, read 24,628 times
Default kimbarah

Thank you Steve. I will look into Selma you always need an alternative to your main market. I will try the grille a well I love a good burger!
I have been looking in the Clayton and Garner area on Debbie's advice and am happy with what I have found but after reading some other posts about the bible belt I have to wonder if these area are too religious. What about corpral punishment in schools? Does this really happen if so exactly what does that mean and why is it happening? This is a huge decision for my family because once we move that is it. I don't want my kids to have to keep changing schools and friends. When I went to school I stayed in the same district from k-12 and that was really nice. Today I have lifelong friends that I ment in 1st and 2nd grade. I feel tremendous pressure to pick the right area. Like the post from CA. My husband and I can hardly afford to live here. With the over 5000,00 a year in property taxes that are going up by 20% within the next year. Ten years from now the taxes will be over 10,000. We work just to pay for taxes and gas which goes up about 10 cents a day. Thanks for the input it sure does help. KIM

Old 04-21-2006, 10:54 AM

143 posts, read 485,575 times
Kim,
My take on the school thing is that if the kids are not raving maniacs then there is no problem.
Your taxes up North will cross 10,000 in about half the time you're stating. We moved from a bigger house to the one we're in now in 2000 because we had to start putting kids through college and the taxes on the bigger place at the time were crossing 6000 for a 2200 sf house. We are now in an 1800 sf house and watched as our taxes went from 2800 to 4800 in less than six years!
We're leaving and will watch the meltdown from afar. The only folks making out in Mass will be the politically-connected and the public employees who can retire at 55 and take their pensions to FL.

Old 04-21-2006, 11:17 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,693 times
Kimbarah,

Don't worry about this bible belt thing. I have lived here now for 24 years and don't see that. I think in remote parts of NC you may get that, but not in the RTP area. Anyway if it is out there I for sure haven't experienced any of that. Also don't worry about corporal punishment in this area either,it is not allowed. I worked in Wake county public school system and loved it. the parent teacher involvement was wonderful. You can visit www.wcpss.com and click on each individual school for alot of interesting info. Some schools web pages are awesome. I wish you the best of luck. You are coming to a great area so really don't worry. Don't let some people scare you away. You know you always hear the worst case scenerio because they choose to tell everyone. So one out of thousands ruin it for everyone. This is an awesome place and I for one love it here. Coming from a northern girl

Debbie

Old 04-21-2006, 11:29 AM

192 posts, read 654,863 times
This was posted earlier by the forum moderator....perhaps you all missed it.

Quote:
From now on all posts about corporal punishment will be considered off topic for this forum and deleted. Please do not re-open this topic anywhere else here.
Regards,
markablue, forum moderator

Old 04-21-2006, 12:07 PM

8,954 posts, read 4,271,330 times
Thank you, Luckydog. For those interested, there is another forum you may want to join to find out about corporal punishment: (www) healthofchildren.com/forum/forum-1.html

Old 05-28-2007, 02:40 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,065,841 times
What is the Fuquay flea market like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina