Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 AM

5,660 posts, read 27,001,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
North Carolina State Board of Elections

I'll be working at one of the One-Stop Early Voting locations soon. One thing that you should know is that if you plan to register to vote at the One-Stop Early Voting location, you will be required to show "proof of residency." See link above to acceptable documentation. (Note that your old driver's license will not be helpful, since it does not prove your CURRENT residency).

We always have some disappointed voters because they have failed to get an updated drivers license (showing their current home address) and the only utility bill they can provide only has one of the spouse's names on it (if YOUR name is not on it, it is not proof of YOUR residency).

Please, please, make every effort to check the list of acceptable documentation and get your documents in order so that you will be able to register to vote. Our goal is to provide each eligible voter the opportunity to vote...it breaks my heart to turn you away disappointed.
Early voting begins today (17th), doesn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 09:13 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,321,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
Early voting begins today (17th), doesn't it?
In some locations, yes. I would suggest that you check with your local Board of Elections (websites have lots of info). In my county, the main location opens on April 17, but the location that I am working does not open until April 24. For example, here is the Union County website. Click on the link for "Calendar for One-Stop No-Excuse Voting for the Primary."

Elections
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina