Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2015, 06:47 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,518,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich6896 View Post
Is it a war on women? Can poor men get these cancer screening that PP makes not mention of on their website? Or do they not work on poor men's junk?
Ask your wife how much a PAP smear costs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2015, 08:51 PM

6,150 posts, read 9,987,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
I presume you mean CONception...

You just said you consider yourself Libertarian, yet both of these ideas are anti-Libertarian in philosophy; one is Right-wing Republican and one is Left-wing Democrat.

And this thread is off-the-rails onto the Planned Parenthood train, no longer related to the NCGA.
No, I was being facetious. Listening to some of these people makes me think it starts as early as doing the act itself. Where you believe my mini rant falls politically is exactly my entire point. You shouldn't put people in some bucket that has to fall into specific lanes on all the "issues".

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
The fact that people who I assume are intelligent believe this crap is definite testimony that if someone repeats it enough, people do start to believe it.

It's really hilarious that the same people who scream the loudest about abortion make it plain & clear that they hate the result of not having the abortion & now some of them want to go after birth control.

I'm old enough to have had meaningful conversations with women who had &/or lost friends to back alley abortions.
Yes!

Old 09-15-2015, 08:01 AM

1,197 posts, read 1,542,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I consider myself Libertarian, but no true Libertarian candidate ever materizlizes... I have no true choice because of this. The Paul(s) may be close, but even they have to tone it down to even consider making a dent in a primary.
Ron Paul is, Rand isn't.

Just don't vote for any main party candidate. Your vote doesn't matter anyway, so why not use it to vote for someone without a (D) or (R) next to their name? Last time I voted for a main party candidate, it was GWB in 2000. Ever since then, I vote third party. If I can't vote third party, I'll write-in a name. If I can't write-in a name, I simply don't cast a vote for President.

Old 09-15-2015, 03:41 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,457,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Well, we have a budget. Some significant concessions from Berger, too:

"House and Senate Republican leaders unveiled a long-awaited budget compromise Monday that eliminates controversial cuts while cutting income taxes and expanding sales taxes. The $21.74 billion spending plan would restore funding for teacher assistants, driver’s education, historic preservation tax credits and a tax deduction for medical expenses – items that had been on the chopping block this year.

The bill also includes cuts to personal income tax rates and additional sales taxes on services that aren’t currently taxed. Overall, House Speaker Tim Moore said the changes will result in $400 million in “tax relief.”"

Read more here: Education items, some tax credits restored in budget compromise | News & Observer

No mention of incentives for economic development, though.
Once again, the Republican-dominated Senate has decided that cutting personal income tax rates while increasing sales taxes to further the economic divide between the rich and poor. It seems that any "progressive tax" (where the higher the income, the higher the tax rate) is being lowered, and replaced with regressive sales taxes which hits the poor and middle class much harder than the rich. So Art Pope will pay a lot less and you'll pay more! What could be more fair?

Here's my solution! If those Republicans are so gung ho about corporations being people, well then perhaps the reverse is true as well! Since I'm now a corporation, let me think about my income which is about 25K. (I'm retired.) I bought a car for 20K (which could be a business or medical deduction) ...how do you think I'm going to get to my doctor's appointment ...fly? My Buick is my "Little Rascal" (available at "little to no cost" to you - remember that commercial!) Food, a couple of grand for that! A new ipod and iphone for a kilobuck and of course my medical insurance. Oops, I have zero income. So I guess I'll be paying zero income tax! Just like GE! I'm bringing the "Good Things to Life" right to me. Well boys, at least you got the road tax on the car and the sales tax on the food and those important communication devices. See ya next year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina