U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2008, 08:06 AM

53 posts, read 192,284 times

Advertisements

Hi,

We are moving to the Fort Bragg area in the summer. We are looking at having our two children attend Raleigh Road/Long Hill or Howard Hall Classical elementary schools.

Does anyone out there have info on these North Fayeteville neighborhoods: Hunters Ridge, Inverness, Fairfield Farms, Kings Grant, Windsor Park, Castlebrooke, Pine Valley, Ellerslee...or the Linden area?

We visited in December and weren't thrilled with the area near Stoney Brook Elementary - Hope Mills seemed a long way from post and very congested.

I'd LOVE any and all thoughts on what the North Fayetteville area is like. Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 08:11 AM

836 posts, read 3,131,239 times
This might help The City of Fayetteville, NC - Official Website > Forums (http://www.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/forums/default.aspx - broken link)
This is a forum for that area..

Old 02-02-2008, 05:26 PM

4,235 posts, read 22,448,612 times
Linden IMO is even farther away than Hope Mills and sort of rural. But every month the cops auction off all the drunk driver cars there. Tarheel Specialties, Inc. - Vehicle Auctions

Old 02-03-2008, 03:27 AM

2 posts, read 7,959 times
I lived near the Methodist College in north Fayetteville for about a year and loved it. I felt safe there, which was really important. Kings Grant was nearby and is the only neighborhood I would feel comfortable recommending - the others I don't know too much about. Although, Linden is pretty far away. I really wouldn't recommend that. If you are looking at being outside of the city, you could check out Spring Lake, it is just on the otherside of Fort Bragg. It is pretty much residential and easy access to post. If you are interested in buying, there are some really amazing new developments around Spring Lake area.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:50 PM

2 posts, read 7,928 times
LINDEN? Like near Bunnlevel?
I'm from there!
I loveeeeee it there!

Old 02-04-2008, 10:09 PM

2 posts, read 6,086 times
Default A useful website

Strecs Search - Find out Strong Recs from your friends!Recommendations Search here!
I also just moved into a new city and have no friends there
this website helped me a lot to find out strong recs for alomost everything.
Good luck!

Old 02-10-2008, 05:18 PM

53 posts, read 192,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deez Nuttz View Post
Linden IMO is even farther away than Hope Mills and sort of rural. But every month the cops auction off all the drunk driver cars there. Tarheel Specialties, Inc. - Vehicle Auctions
Ha ha - maybe we can get a good deal on a "new" used car!

Old 02-11-2008, 04:44 AM

4,235 posts, read 22,448,612 times
Sometimes you can, with any auction it's hit or miss, ended up buying a 95 Cavalier there, after putting in a new battery and cleaning it up it ran pretty good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina