Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 07:59 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Funny, another version of this is complaints from the natives about northerners who move to places like Asheville...sound familiar? LOL
Sort of what I was thinking, which is why I asked.

I also wonder how people think they can look at people, or cars for that matter, and know who's illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 08:16 AM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Then why did you write, "I'm tired of waiting on line"? No one in North Carolina says that unless they're waiting for their computer speed to increase. North Carolinians wait "in line."
Hey, great catch, man! Too bad it doesn't contribute anything to this thread.

Old 10-30-2015, 08:17 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,988,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
From Jan. 1, 2002, to Aug. 28, 2006, North Carolina permitted the use of a taxpayer identification number, an ITIN or W-7, so that residents lacking a Social Security number could apply for a driver's license.

During that period, the Division of Motor Vehicles issued 220,983 licenses valid for five years to applicants presenting the ITIN as identification, the majority of them undocumented immigrants of Hispanic origin.

Latin American Herald Tribune - Undocumented Illegal Aliens in North Carolina Face Deportation

220,983, also consider the ones that aren't licensed and driving around.
The ones who aren't licensed and driving around aren't stealing your parking spaces, dude.

So out of a population of 9.9 million, that's about 2% of NC residents. And you're whining about what?

Old 10-30-2015, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
The ones who aren't licensed and driving around aren't stealing your parking spaces, dude.

So out of a population of 9.9 million, that's about 2% of NC residents. And you're whining about what?
Its not just about parking spaces. But carry on and ignore the fact that we are being overrun by illegals who degrade our quality of life. Dude.

Last edited by Above Average Bear; 10-30-2015 at 08:57 AM..

Old 10-30-2015, 09:06 AM

You're the one who brought up the parking spaces in the first place. If that's your biggest problem, it doesn't sound like much "Degradation" to me.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:11 AM

613 posts, read 745,989 times
Quote:
You're the one who brought up the parking spaces in the first place. If that's your biggest problem, it doesn't sound like much "Degradation" to me.
Substitute jobs and room in schools for 'parking spaces' then you'll get the idea.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos_Danger View Post
Substitute jobs and room in schools for 'parking spaces' then you'll get the idea.
I still don't think 2% of total population represents a significant drain on resources, especially compared to the number of US citizens and documented immigrants who are moving to this area.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
Sort of what I was thinking, which is why I asked.

I also wonder how people think they can look at people, or cars for that matter, and know who's illegal.
You do know that there are certain people in this world who through their occupations have developed certain skill sets that give them the ability to do this? And be right a majority of the time.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:27 AM

Quote:
I still don't think 2% of total population represents a significant drain on resources, especially compared to the number of US citizens and documented immigrants who are moving to this area.
Tell your boss that you will take a 2% pay cut, then maybe you will get it.

Old 10-30-2015, 09:29 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,423,675 times
Quote:
It's not. My mother, who worked with refugees for decades told me long ago that people often assume non-white people are illegals. That's beyond the paleface to me.

Illegals work hard to stay under the radar. They get no "welfare", since obviously they don't qualify for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina