Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 03:27 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,148,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
Wegman's focus is on being a supermarket, not on An Act to Provide for Single-sex Multiple Occupancy Bathroom and Changing Facilities in Schools and Public Agencies and to Create Statewide Consistency in Regulation of Employment and Public Accommodations.
Can we please stay on topic here and not drag this conversation about a grocery store into a contentious political fight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 04:42 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,375,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Can we please stay on topic here and not drag this conversation about a grocery store into a contentious political fight?
Date of post: 09-14-2016. The statute of limitations for filing your complaint has expired.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:21 AM

12,380 posts, read 9,483,835 times
It was some time ago, but I worked for Kodak for 5 years in Rochester, NY where Wegmans originated. They treated their employees better than is normal for supermarkets, better pay and had tuition assistance programs. I think that was why they seemed to be able to get better people and why they were happy to be there, which translated to a better customer experience.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:46 PM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
The HB2 topic was relevant at that time because some businesses chose to boycott NC as a means of political protest. Apparently Wegman's made a core business decision to expand into NC that was independent of the political dispute, and focused on operating a high quality supermarket in a new emerging trade area.

And fortunately a compromise solution was reached and and the economic boycott of NC has ended. Now hopefully Wegman's will also expand down to Charlotte!

Old 10-25-2018, 06:39 PM

4,588 posts, read 6,417,422 times
Wegmans announced Thursday that it would be opening another store in the Triangle.

The grocery store chain said it has confirmed plans to build a store on the Route 98 bypass, just east of Capital Boulevard, in Wake Forest.

https://www.wral.com/wegmans-coming-...est-/17946147/

Old 10-25-2018, 06:40 PM

4,588 posts, read 6,417,422 times
Delete

Old 10-29-2018, 11:34 AM

5,159 posts, read 7,349,998 times
I hope Wegmans eventually decides to expand to Charlotte, but they may wait until they are firmly established in the Triangle region. And they may face stronger competition in Charlotte where Harris Teeter is more dominant, and now Publix is an emerging contender. But real estate sources have indicated they were already scouting potential sites in the Charlotte region, so perhaps that is under long term consideration for a Wegmans expansion strategy.

Old 10-29-2018, 11:50 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,033,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerSC View Post
I hope Wegmans eventually decides to expand to Charlotte, but they may wait until they are firmly established in the Triangle region. And they may face stronger competition in Charlotte where Harris Teeter is more dominant, and now Publix is an emerging contender. But real estate sources have indicated they were already scouting potential sites in the Charlotte region, so perhaps that is under long term consideration for a Wegmans expansion strategy.
I'm sure they'll head down there eventually. The Triangle has significant competition from all the usuals as well. Whole Foods, Publix, Harris Teeter etc. But that doesn't seem to be affecting Wegmans aggressive push. If their stores do well here the next obvious location to expand would be Charlotte imo.

Old 10-29-2018, 09:29 PM

7 posts, read 4,820 times
I moved from CNY to WA four years ago, and I still have my Wegmans shoppers club card

Old 10-31-2018, 05:57 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,936,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
I'm sure they'll head down there eventually. The Triangle has significant competition from all the usuals as well. Whole Foods, Publix, Harris Teeter etc. But that doesn't seem to be affecting Wegmans aggressive push. If their stores do well here the next obvious location to expand would be Charlotte imo.
Wegmans might not have ventured farther South than Virginia under normal circumstances/

I believe they're only expanding to NC because half of the Triangle is from New York and the surrounding states.

The CEO even said in his official announcement that he was looking forward to seeing so many former customers upon the opening of the 4 Triangle Wegmans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina