Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 09:06 AM

4,590 posts, read 6,422,669 times

Advertisements

They are likewise going ham in the DC metro market, building all over the place!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2019, 12:12 PM

Hopefully they will
Jump to the Triad soon.

Old 02-24-2019, 01:47 AM

1,790 posts, read 6,517,023 times
Seems they started coming south from the DC burbs to Richmond. Now Virginia Beach is getting a store as well as the larger NC cities and burbs.

Old 02-24-2019, 04:42 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,873,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trent Y View Post
Absolutely right lol.

It's surprising they're pushing so aggressively without having a single store open yet but the locations are key. I'm sure they'll do fine.

It's about location and it's also the fact that no one grocery store has it all, and that food lion actually isn't cheaper on some items also prepared food sections.

For example I live less than a mile from a food lion but will drive to the publix because publix has way more bogo deals and has more selection plus they have some pretty good subs, fried chicken, etc.

at the same time no one grocery store has it all, I love trader joes products and they're several items that are cheaper and better there than other stores.

Lowes Foods is underrated but I find myself going there cause it is open into midnight and has a lotta local products and Harris Teeter is good when I wake up thirsty as hell with nothing to drink and I know I can roll there 4am in the morning since they're 24 hours.
So it's not about people jumping ship from one grocery store to another it's more so several factors from location, selection, prepared foods, and the fact that most people .....well a lot of people don't shop at one store but go to several for several reasons.

Trader Joes doesn't take away Aldi's customers but they both stay packed, which most likely will be the case when Wegmans gets here.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:42 AM

1,141 posts, read 1,033,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
It's about location and it's also the fact that no one grocery store has it all, and that food lion actually isn't cheaper on some items also prepared food sections.

For example I live less than a mile from a food lion but will drive to the publix because publix has way more bogo deals and has more selection plus they have some pretty good subs, fried chicken, etc.

at the same time no one grocery store has it all, I love trader joes products and they're several items that are cheaper and better there than other stores.

Lowes Foods is underrated but I find myself going there cause it is open into midnight and has a lotta local products and Harris Teeter is good when I wake up thirsty as hell with nothing to drink and I know I can roll there 4am in the morning since they're 24 hours.
So it's not about people jumping ship from one grocery store to another it's more so several factors from location, selection, prepared foods, and the fact that most people .....well a lot of people don't shop at one store but go to several for several reasons.

Trader Joes doesn't take away Aldi's customers but they both stay packed, which most likely will be the case when Wegmans gets here.
Right. I'm sure that's true for a lot of people. I meant location being key in that the sites Wegmans chose make the most sense demographically for their sured success pushing into this market. It would have been a lot more puzzling to come in here this hard and put up stores in Clayton, Garner, or even Knightdale. It's surprising to me they have so many stores planned so quickly but then you look at the locations and it's like "oh yeah ok those are no-brainers."

Old 02-25-2019, 07:20 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,262,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
Most overrated store ever. Cary is the perfect location for it.
Lol

Old 09-30-2019, 08:48 AM

They're here.....

Quote:
About 3,000 people, by the grocer’s count, waited in line Sunday morning for the highly anticipated opening in Raleigh of Wegmans’ 100th store.

The supermarket chain, which has a cult-like following, said the line broke the company’s store-opening record. The Raleigh store is the first of five that are expected in the Triangle, with two also coming to Cary, one to Wake Forest and one to Chapel Hill.

It took 30 to 45 minutes for the line that had wrapped around the building to get inside when doors opened at 7 a.m., according to Wegmans spokesperson Jo Natale.

Read more here: https://www.newsobserver.com/living/...#storylink=cpy

Old 09-30-2019, 10:36 AM

6,156 posts, read 7,222,091 times
Pretty cool. An article from three years ago stated that in addition to Wegmans opening stores in the Triangle they are actively pursuing a location in the Greensboro area as well. But there has been no timetable that we know of for a Greensboro location yet.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...picks.amp.html

Old 09-30-2019, 12:07 PM

1,459 posts, read 1,164,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Pretty cool. An article from three years ago stated that in addition to Wegmans opening stores in the Triangle they are actively pursuing a location in the Greensboro area as well. But there has been no timetable that we know of for a Greensboro location yet.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...picks.amp.html
There are currently 4 other stores planned for the Triangle. The latest being Wake Forest and Holly Springs.

Haven't heard anything about future locations in other areas of NC.

Old 09-30-2019, 12:11 PM

6,156 posts, read 7,222,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncchgrad View Post
There are currently 4 other stores planned for the Triangle. The latest being Wake Forest and Holly Springs.

Haven't heard anything about future locations in other areas of NC.
There are no other "official" sites planned for North Carolina outside of the Triangle but they did mention they are looking at the Greensboro area and probably Charlotte as well. But you are correct. At the moment there are no other sites planned in North Carolina. Charlotte would likely get a location before Greensboro though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina