Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:46 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,158,138 times

Advertisements

It has been proven that gay neighborhoods have highest home appreciation. A same sex neighbor who moves in to replace a hetro neighbor is good for a 10% INCREASE in home value.

Everyone loves them and wants them as neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2016, 12:13 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,819,944 times
I'm a gay guy who's lived virtually my whole life in Raleigh--as far as NC, any of the metro areas (mentioned earlier, but also the Triad: Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point (not so much High Point) have thriving communities. You can always get jerks for neighbors no matter where you are, but in urban and suburban areas, people generally aren't going to give you a hard time or treat you differently at all.

Where are you moving from? What brings you to NC? Is this the only state you're considering? Do you have a portable job (since you don't seem to have a city pinpointed)? Really, other factors will be more critical in finding a place than finding somewhere a gay family can live, because it is not an issue except in smaller areas or rural areas, where I can't imagine you'd live anyway. Since your handle is "mom...", I presume you are lesbian; Durham has always been the more Lesbian-centered part of the Triangle, with Raleigh more male-oriented, although of course there are plenty of both all over the area. Durham is also more affordable but the schools aren't as highly-recommended.

You can PM me for specifics if you aren't comfortable asking in "public".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina