Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2016, 06:49 PM
pvs pvs started this thread

1,845 posts, read 3,355,244 times

Advertisements

I went through a toll in November, 2015. It was one of those that takes a photo of your car going through, and bills via the plate number to the registered owner. I have no argument with this invoice ... I've been awaiting it for so long now.

Well, it FINALLY came to my house through the mail, and was delivered yesterday. It gives you 30 days to pay it, from the date of the invoice. In my case, the invoice for my November 2015 usage is dated January 2nd, 2016.

My issue is, why did it take 17 days to get to my house from the date of the invoice? While I plan to pay it online to avoid all the fees they threaten to ultimately tag on, I am amazed that the same post office that delivers MY mail within 2-3 days takes more than 3 weeks to get to me when mailed by NC Quick Pass.

It almost seems like they WANT the payments to be too late, so they can add on the extra fees.

Beware when you get these bills ... you really only have a few days to pay them once they arrive at your house!

And no ... you cannot go by the postmark date, as there conveniently is no postmark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2016, 01:36 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,636,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
It almost seems like they WANT the payments to be too late, so they can add on the extra fees.
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Were the bills mailed out from NC or from some toll company in another state?

Old 01-25-2016, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Were the bills mailed out from NC or from some toll company in another state?
Wonder? Yes, it does. In fact, most of the interstate mail I send doesn't take anywhere near that long.

I already recycled the envelope, so I can't say, for sure, where the mail originated, but even then, most of the interstate mail I send doesn't take anywhere near that long.

Old 01-25-2016, 05:21 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,575,055 times
Elizabeth River Tunnels in Hampton Roads VA takes just as long. I drive there a lot and have an E-ZPass and someone who doesn't asked me about billing. They'd driven through a tunnel and never got a bill. I advised them to call ERT and inquire about charges to their plate. Lo and behold, there were charges. He got it taken care of before it ballooned.

Old 01-25-2016, 06:17 PM

4,639 posts, read 6,326,866 times
Toll roads? Isn't there only one operating toll road in NC?

Old 01-25-2016, 06:33 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,636,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Toll roads? Isn't there only one operating toll road in NC?
Just 540. But there were talks of having more: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...posed_projects

Old 01-25-2016, 06:45 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,575,055 times
Isn't the bottom part of 147 also toll?

Old 02-08-2016, 07:56 PM

Default Does NC Turnpike Authority monitor C-D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarnetAndBlack View Post
Isn't the bottom part of 147 also toll?
Just thought I'd update this thread ... Yes, GarnetAndBlack, 147 is partially a toll road.

And, almost as if they've seen this thread, I received another invoice from NC Turnpike Authority today (even though I paid the toll online back on Jan 20th)! This one includes the following text at the top:
Quote:
Your invoice for the period was delayed. As a result, we have extended your payment due date an additional 30 days, beyond the normal due date. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Despite the fact that my particular toll has long-since been paid, I am actually quite pleased with NCTA for seeing this issue, and responding to it so effectively and fairly. I did not want this GOOD news to go without the same haste that I held while complaining about it earlier.

FWIW, as the new invoice did NOT include language to the effect of: "If this invoice has already been paid, please disregard this notice", I took the time to recheck the invoice on their website to confirm that they have it listed as already paid.

Anyway, I just want to say "Kudos", NC Turnpike Authority. This was a really good ending to this event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina