Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 06:19 PM

9,775 posts, read 15,776,851 times

Advertisements

OP,

There is a DC discussion forum called DC Urban Mom that has a whole section of discussion just about Au Pairs. They are a pretty common form of childcare in DC. I do believe you need to go through an agency, though. Here is a link to the Au Pairs section on that forum. The rules in NC should be similar as in DC, Maryland, and Virginia.

http://www.dcurbanmom.com/nanny-forum/forums/list.page

The AuPair section is third section down.

Last edited by michgc; 03-20-2016 at 07:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2016, 06:51 PM

398 posts, read 497,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
It's none of your business.
Incorrect. Once posted on a public forum, opinions may be expressed.

Old 03-20-2016, 09:23 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,525,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
Incorrect. Once posted on a public forum, opinions may be expressed.
Au contraire. It has nothing to do with the information being sought by the OP... off topic. Sure, opinions may be expressed, but many shouldn't be. What about common courtesy?

Old 03-21-2016, 01:12 AM

23 posts, read 20,287 times
Quote:
I'm wondering why you had children in the first place.
Troll, hope your having a lovey constructive day

Old 03-21-2016, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
OP,

There is a DC discussion forum called DC Urban Mom that has a whole section of discussion just about Au Pairs. They are a pretty common form of childcare in DC. I do believe you need to go through an agency, though. Here is a link to the Au Pairs section on that forum. The rules in NC should be similar as in DC, Maryland, and Virginia.

http://www.dcurbanmom.com/nanny-forum/forums/list.page

The AuPair section is third section down.
Thanks so much michgc!

Old 03-21-2016, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Au contraire. It has nothing to do with the information being sought by the OP... off topic. Sure, opinions may be expressed, but many shouldn't be. What about common courtesy?
So if I agree with the OP, then it would be "my business"? Thanks for the clarification!

Old 03-21-2016, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley_Mc View Post
Troll, hope your having a lovey constructive day
I am, actually, thanks. Oh, by the way, its a violation of the Terms to Service to call people names.

My wife and I made big sacrifices to enable her to stay at home with our children. It was by far one of the best decisions we ever made. There will be plenty of time for you (or your husband/partner) to make money and indulge your ego through your employment after your children are older.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I am, actually, thanks. Oh, by the way, its a violation of the Terms to Service to call people names.

My wife and I made big sacrifices to enable her to stay at home with our children. It was by far one of the best decisions we ever made. There will be plenty of time for you (or your husband/partner) to make money and indulge your ego through your employment after your children are older.

But as you have confirmed, I wasn't name calling but rather stating the obvious and implying I do not converse with such types of internet users. I wish everyone well in life and don't cast judgement on anyone as I believe that is the way to inner happiness and getting what you want in life, and I choose to ignore those that have not been fortunate enough to figure that out yet.

Just like your original 'comment' (not opinion) implied that that anyone that uses childcare, doesn't want there children as much as people who don't. If you broadened your mind for a small second you may consider that not everybody that choses to work are egotistical, money driven, selfish individuals. And not everyone believes giving up work is in the best interest of kids, and in some cases some people don't have a choice - crazy I know but possible! In my circumstance you so laughably wrong ! but I do not care to share any information with you.

Old 03-21-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley_Mc View Post
But as you have confirmed, I wasn't name calling but rather stating the obvious and implying I do not converse with such types of internet users. I wish everyone well in life and don't cast judgement on anyone as I believe that is the way to inner happiness and getting what you want in life, and I choose to ignore those that have not been fortunate enough to figure that out yet.

Just like your original 'comment' (not opinion) implied that that anyone that uses childcare, doesn't want there children as much as people who don't. If you broadened your mind for a small second you may consider that not everybody that choses to work are egotistical, money driven, selfish individuals. And not everyone believes giving up work is in the best interest of kids, and in some cases some people don't have a choice - crazy I know but possible! In my circumstance you so laughably wrong ! but I do not care to share any information with you.

Um, no, you weren't stating the obvious, you engaged in name calling. An activity prohibited by the terms of service for this site.

And you've conversed with me twice now, so I'm not sure why you keep saying you don't. Anyway, just offering my opinion (and yes, thats what it is)....feel free to ignore it. Children are best raised by their parents, not by strangers. And I somehow doubt you're working by necessity. Obviously many do, but many choose to do so.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Um, no, you weren't stating the obvious, you engaged in name calling. An activity prohibited by the terms of service for this site.

And you've conversed with me twice now, so I'm not sure why you keep saying you don't. Anyway, just offering my opinion (and yes, thats what it is)....feel free to ignore it. Children are best raised by their parents, not by strangers. And I somehow doubt you're working by necessity. Obviously many do, but many choose to do so.
I disagree on your name calling point but then I am very happy to think very differently from you. Should I run such a site I would be more concerned with people that use it for negative purposes, after all your opinion wasn't shared in a positive, kind or constructive way was it.

I have conversed with you as whilst I am a self confident individual there are others that may not be and take your comment to heart. I felt obliged for there sake to point out that your view was judgemental and un-informed.

For example my children are raised by their parents not strangers as you have again wrongly assumed. Myself and husband have both sacrificed wonderful opportunities to work from home so we are here when our kids leave and here when they come home. Not that I think that is the right move for everyone nor do I believe people who have chosen differently are lesser parents than me. My children are in fulltime education which I strongly believe to be best for them so there is no reason for me not to work. I only use childcare to do drop offs and warm meals, by doing this I am maximising the amount of quality time I spend with them. You are right about one thing, I don't do it as a necessity, I live a blessed life style yet I still work to demonstrate a good hard working ethos to my children and to be able to help less fortunate children via charity.

You can think what you and your wife are doing is right, others will disagree... I personally have the class and education not to say either way.

From here I am out, I hope your children turn out kind, wonderful human beings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina