Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 02:30 PM

13,926 posts, read 39,288,552 times

Advertisements

Go to the nearest Social Security office You can have the card withing a few days...or get on their web site & order it. [This is in all states!!]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2008, 02:39 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,999,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Go to the nearest Social Security office You can have the card withing a few days...or get on their web site & order it. [This is in all states!!]
Answer

Old 02-28-2008, 08:42 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
About the North Carolina Driver License Hologram

http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/hot_topics/download/hologram.pdf (broken link)

http://www.spp.gov/images/spp_200.gif (broken link)

Old 04-26-2010, 09:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,928 times
Well, I just called to attempt to make an appointment to have my son take the driving portion of his test after waiting the 12 mo. of having the level 1 permit. Since they are open until 5pm, I thought I would be courteous and set up an appointment ahead of time for 4pm after school for my son. I was told that I must come around 10:30am with him for this. I explained that I would prefer it if he did not have to miss school for this test, since that is when he has Chemistry class. She said in no uncertain terms that there are NEVER any driving tests after 4pm. So he either skips school to take this test or he has to have me in the vehicle with him whenever driving, so no driving himself to and from school and no driving himself to and from a job. What the ????????? Shouldn't we be encouraging our high schoolers to STAY IN school and to be a responsible citizen and try to get a first job?

Old 04-28-2010, 01:27 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,822,690 times
Every time I've done anything related to driver licenses, I've taken my birth certificate. Hard to get much more "authentic" than that.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,342,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyFE View Post
Well, I just called to attempt to make an appointment to have my son take the driving portion of his test after waiting the 12 mo. of having the level 1 permit. Since they are open until 5pm, I thought I would be courteous and set up an appointment ahead of time for 4pm after school for my son. I was told that I must come around 10:30am with him for this. I explained that I would prefer it if he did not have to miss school for this test, since that is when he has Chemistry class. She said in no uncertain terms that there are NEVER any driving tests after 4pm. So he either skips school to take this test or he has to have me in the vehicle with him whenever driving, so no driving himself to and from school and no driving himself to and from a job. What the ????????? Shouldn't we be encouraging our high schoolers to STAY IN school and to be a responsible citizen and try to get a first job?
or he waits until June?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:15 PM

272 posts, read 786,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
or he waits until June?
They're called "civil servants"; they are supposed to serve us - not the other way around.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:56 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
About the North Carolina Driver License Hologram

http://www.ncdot.org/dmv/hot_topics/download/hologram.pdf (broken link)
I have seen the very NAU'ish logo on new licenses about the time I brought the issue up 3 years ago.

I just received my new license in the mail (new process started about a year ago, where they are all created in Raleigh and mailed), and there is not a hint of any logo like the above. Wright brothers plane and the NCDOT logo holograms only.

I guess getting that last buffoon out of the white house chilled the move toward the NAU.

Old 01-22-2011, 10:23 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,470,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyFE View Post
So he either skips school to take this test or he has to have me in the vehicle with him whenever driving, so no driving himself to and from school and no driving himself to and from a job.
Or you know, one of the many teacher work days? Or oh that's right, SPRING BREAK! Its what a month away? If chemistry is THAT important to him, surely he can wait. It wont kill him.

To the OP and a few others, funny you guys said you never had to show your SS card. I've had to give it AND my driver's license at the start of every job I've ever had for them to make copies of for paper work (all in NC)....weird.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:32 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,193,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
I have seen the very NAU'ish logo on new licenses about the time I brought the issue up 3 years ago.

I just received my new license in the mail (new process started about a year ago, where they are all created in Raleigh and mailed), and there is not a hint of any logo like the above. Wright brothers plane and the NCDOT logo holograms only.

I guess getting that last buffoon out of the white house chilled the move toward the NAU.
Hey man I just wanted to give you a heads up FEMA and the Secret Service monitor this board and NAU is one of their big keywords, especially after that Loughner kid's website had Amero material all over it. Best to lay low before the SHTF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina