Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2016, 01:17 PM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
If the current Republican frontrunner ends up winning the presidency; it'll be a tossup if NC or the US even still exist by 2020....
Silly, but common silliness.
If you are offering even odds, I will take them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2016, 03:15 PM

7,189 posts, read 6,811,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by choloboy36 View Post
Now some members in the Senate are calling for Charlotte to pay the $42,000 bill for the special session.
https://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru...stin%20wwf.gif

Old 03-27-2016, 06:04 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,389,215 times
Bill 2 Will last as long as Amendment 1.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:38 PM

530 posts, read 637,257 times
The ACLU is suing North Carolina over the law

ACLU to file federal lawsuit over NC bathroom bill | TheHill

Old 03-27-2016, 09:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
They can sue all they want, but will get nowhere as no one is being denied except the cities of NC from passing overstepping laws.
LGBT is not listed as a protected class under the US civil rights act.

Old 03-28-2016, 06:31 AM

6,350 posts, read 11,580,635 times
Can anyone provide an e-mail address for your governor?

Is 116 W Jones st the proper address?
Even the phone number I have doesn't work. (919)733-4240

Thank goodness I don't live in NC but I visit a lot. The thought of standing around waiting in a hallway while an available one seater stands empty is ridiculous. Sometimes there are health issues... Are not people with health issues a protected class - ADA?

Old 03-28-2016, 06:46 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
Can anyone provide an e-mail address for your governor?

Is 116 W Jones st the proper address?
Even the phone number I have doesn't work. (919)733-4240

Thank goodness I don't live in NC but I visit a lot. The thought of standing around waiting in a hallway while an available one seater stands empty is ridiculous. Sometimes there are health issues... Are not people with health issues a protected class - ADA?
I dont know why someone who isnt a resident nor voter would need to contact the governor but here the info, Google wasnt that hard to get this https://governor.nc.gov/contact

Nothing is preventing you from using a handicap bathroom.

Thanks to trans community who before April 1st could used any restroom if their choice but done it discreetly, and now those that had surgery are able to.

The Trans community forced the state in creating a bathroom law that you have to go to correct bathroom stated on your birth certificate so to answer your question thanks to the trans
You can no longer hop in opposite gender bathroom when the line is long nor can parents of young kids of different gender accompany their kids in the opposite restroom.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:34 AM

43,264 posts, read 77,043,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
They can sue all they want, but will get nowhere as no one is being denied except the cities of NC from passing overstepping laws.
That is the crux of it.
Where in their City Charter was Charlotte granted the authority by the State to pass the ordinances?
I cannot find it:
https://www.municode.com/library/nc/...URE_ARTIIIPUAC

Old 03-28-2016, 07:49 AM

1,445 posts, read 2,319,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
LGBT is not listed as a protected class under the US civil rights act.
Whether the LGBT community is protected doesn't change the fact the bill is completely unconstitutional. The case will move to the Supreme Court and the ACLU (or whoever gets there before them) will win for that very reason just as marriage equality did last year.

Old 03-28-2016, 07:49 AM

2,843 posts, read 2,973,786 times
It's incredibly concerning some people have an exception our government should put such poorly defined concepts like 'gender identity' into the law and worse give people leverage to sue over it.

I think we can see the governors request for the Charlotte council not to move forward as an olive branch to the trans community which was refused in the name of their political agenda

No one has answered how this wouldn't be a defense for secret peeping
Or how this framework applies to gender non-conforming/binary

This is another example of how west coast and New England liberal values team up through the media to become whats expected as normative and anything less you start to get whacked with the bigotry bat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina