U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2008, 10:32 AM

832 posts, read 2,446,364 times

Advertisements

Folks,

I have been trying to nail down a Network Engineering position in either Raleigh/Durham or Charlotte before getting laid off from my job in New York. I have tried monster.com, careerbuilder.com, dice.com, worktriangle.com and the list goes on and on. Therefore, I am now turning to another area of advertising which is "Word of Mouth".

Does anyone know of any companies with openings for Network Engineers who have worked primarily with Cisco routers and switches? If so, please DM me at your earliest convenience. I apologize in advance if this post offends anyone, but I am just reaching out for some good old fashion help from fellow posters that maybe in the IT field or know of someone who is. I welcome any and all suggestions. Thanks to you all.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2008, 04:26 PM

35,883 posts, read 71,308,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamerican View Post
Folks,

I have been trying to nail down a Network Engineering position in either Raleigh/Durham or Charlotte before getting laid off from my job in New York. I have tried monster.com, careerbuilder.com, dice.com, worktriangle.com and the list goes on and on. Therefore, I am now turning to another area of advertising which is "Word of Mouth".

Does anyone know of any companies with openings for Network Engineers who have worked primarily with Cisco routers and switches? If so, please DM me at your earliest convenience. I apologize in advance if this post offends anyone, but I am just reaching out for some good old fashion help from fellow posters that maybe in the IT field or know of someone who is. I welcome any and all suggestions. Thanks to you all.
Have you checked out the Charlotte forum? DO a search on that forum. We have had people mention IT jobs and how to get leads on that forum. Maybe there will be some help - or post a new thread. I think you are very wise to be doing a diligent job search and wish you good luck.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:43 AM

7 posts, read 21,991 times
There are a fair number, but hardly any of them seem to post on the major job sites, instead, most go through dedicated IT recruiters (of which there are a ton), at least in the Triad. Most of the ones I talked to seemed pretty good and will actually push for you (if you push them a little bit, but that's par for the course). Basically, I would get in touch with as many IT recruiters as possible as most businesses around here seem to prefer the primary screening to be done out-of-house.

Good luck!

Of course, I actually found my current job through Craigslist, go figure.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:59 AM

3,502 posts, read 9,872,048 times
I also find that Network Engineering is usually considered Telecom, not IT, and that those folks usually work for a Telecom provider. I don't think that there are too many companies that don't outsource their Telecom needs.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,683 times
Default Job possibility

Hi! I recently noticed the link below that may or may not be useful for you. I don't know how UTD this site keeps their listings. It's worth checking out anyway. This is not my area of expertise as I am in medicine but hopw this is what you are looking for. Good luck!
The company is located in Lumberton, NC but maybe there are opportunities elsewhere in the state.

Career Opportunities (http://corevantage.net/career_opportunities.htm - broken link)

Suze

Old 02-14-2008, 06:17 PM

502 posts, read 1,649,554 times
IBM has 10,000 employees in RTP... you might want to hit their site directly. I would imagine there are one or two network engineers in there.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,654 times
Default job

type network engineer NC into google and it will help you find jobs

Old 07-27-2008, 04:11 PM

5 posts, read 13,536 times
I'm a network engineer in Raleigh myself. I started off as a contractor by going through TekSystems. I believe a good way to get started in this area is just to do a temporary contract job and then you'll be able to find permanent work elsewhere.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:37 AM

5 posts, read 10,154 times
Major corporations that have a large presence in NC are:
IBM,
Bank of America,
Wachovia (good luck with that one)
Carolina Broadband,
Goodrich,
Nordstrom,
Carrier Corporation,
Hearst Corporation,
Transamerica,
GM Onstar.
and quite a few others. Try finding the websites for these and contacting them directly. While not all of them are "technology" companies they will pretty much all need network engineering skills. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina