Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2016, 11:44 AM

398 posts, read 498,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicene101 View Post
Uptown Charlotte isn't much better than the ever growing downtown Raleigh. It's bigger, but not better (imo).
LOL, you obviously haven't been to Uptown in quite some time. But thats ok, if you're satisfied with the empty streets of downtown Raleigh, then more power to you!

Quote:
Again you're naming all these amenities that still haven't made the Charlotte area the dominating force in its own state of NC. Why is the Triangle still growing at the pace it is, when Charlotte "has a lot" (according to that commercial they show over and over again)? Lol. Your opinion doesn't equal fact my dear
I never said Charlotte was, or should be, "the dominating force" of NC, so who cares? The triangle is growing for the same reason Charlotte is growing...the creation of jobs primarily. They have both been job creating engines. Charlotte is simply more of a "city" than raleigh, and has demonstrably more high level attractions.

And I'm not offering opinions, i'm offering facts...maybe you should try a few of those!

Old 04-15-2016, 11:46 AM

398 posts, read 498,079 times
Quote:
It seems like I've rattled a few cages lol. Are the Charlotte crew (and it's followers) really that insecure when it comes to Queen City Charlotte lol?
No, not at all, imo. But when one makes outlandish and silly claims, well, expect to get a response.

Old 04-15-2016, 12:18 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,277,957 times
After 10 years on city-data this thread seems as childish and foolish as the first time it was posted back in 2006. Charlotte and Raleigh are both nice cities that have there pros and cons. Whether one is "better" than the other is subjective.

I love both Raleigh and Charlotte and am glad that NC has them as well as several other nice places to live. I don't care if my definition of a city doesn't agree with your definition or if you grew up in NYC or Austin. My view and your view of which area is better is no more or less qualified than the next person in the peanut gallery.

I know this thread will never be resolved, just like I know nobody will ever change their positions based on the petty arguments in this and other threads like it. But that is the beauty of city-data. Some of the stuff posted here is informative. The rest is just entertainment.

Hopefully wherever you choose to live it is the best place for you.

//End

Old 04-15-2016, 09:08 PM

464 posts, read 523,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
No person on this thread has ever stated that NC is nothing without Charlotte. You've let those commercials about Charlotte mess with your head.
Exchange Raleigh for Charlotte in the last sentence of your previous post, and it will all make sense

Old 04-15-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
LOL, you obviously haven't been to Uptown in quite some time. But thats ok, if you're satisfied with the empty streets of downtown Raleigh, then more power to you!

I never said Charlotte was, or should be, "the dominating force" of NC, so who cares? The triangle is growing for the same reason Charlotte is growing...the creation of jobs primarily. They have both been job creating engines. Charlotte is simply more of a "city" than raleigh, and has demonstrably more high level attractions.

And I'm not offering opinions, i'm offering facts...maybe you should try a few of those!
I was in Charlotte February of this year love. Charlotte doesn't compare to Atlanta, and is still in a identity crisis. It needs to revamp its stale strategy. I guess annexing works, but that's cheating lol.

Charlotte isn't dominate in NC, because it's a souless city, and offers nothing different from bigger, more recognized cities. Being a "me too" city can only get you so far lol.

I loved Carowinds though!!!!

Last edited by epicene101; 04-15-2016 at 09:42 PM..

Old 04-15-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
No, not at all, imo. But when one makes outlandish and silly claims, well, expect to get a response.
Just like I expected this response lol. Keep fighting the good fight love

Old 04-15-2016, 09:33 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,390,949 times
Oh. Raleigh540. how have you been?

Old 04-15-2016, 10:16 PM

352 posts, read 550,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austincool View Post
So to answer your question, Charlotte's identity is being the poster city of the New South and influencing other Southern cities (Raleigh included), on how to develop into a city known outside of it's walls...
Ummm.. isn't that Atlanta?

Old 04-15-2016, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Who's that?

Old 04-16-2016, 01:58 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,443,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
You know i was thinking the same thing. I was going to respond to all his rants but why bother. I will say that its funny how one goes on and on. He never responds directly to the post that "he makes" but when asked to provide facts.......lol well you seen the countless pages of junk. Im not going to waste my time going back with him with his only responce is "dominence" lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina