Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-17-2016, 04:59 PM

398 posts, read 498,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicene101 View Post
Then why isn't Charlotte dominate? Let me tell you the reason why, it's an underachieving city with no character lol. It isn't even that much bigger than the Triangle as a whole. Both are growing rapidly, but Charlotte isn't even dominate in that area. All those amenities, and it still has to share its prominence with Raleigh/The Triangle.

Until the Charlotte area is millions ahead in population, it will remain equal to The Triangle, but never greater. Y'all haven't learned this by now? Lol.
You know, I never thought much about it until you kept harping on it, but Charlotte really does dominate NC. Twice as big as the the second largest city, 2 of the state's 3 major league sports teams, more fortune 500 headquarters than the rest of the state combined, more CBD office space than the next 2 largest cities combined, the states only major theme park, only hub airport, only light rail system, etc., etc.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:27 PM

464 posts, read 523,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
You know, I never thought much about it until you kept harping on it, but Charlotte really does dominate NC. Twice as big as the the second largest city, 2 of the state's 3 major league sports teams, more fortune 500 headquarters than the rest of the state combined, more CBD office space than the next 2 largest cities combined, the states only major theme park, only hub airport, only light rail system, etc., etc.
It's twice the landmass and less dense as well lol. Atlanta dominates GA, Charlotte simply leads NC in population lol. NC without The Triangle would be devastating to the economy. Charlotte CANNOT carry NC by itself.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:29 PM

Until Charlotte is dominate, this conversation will continue to be a debate

Old 04-17-2016, 05:56 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
It's twice the landmass and less dense as well lol. Atlanta dominates GA, Charlotte simply leads NC in population lol. NC without The Triangle would be devastating to the economy. Charlotte CANNOT carry NC by itself.
This is a childish argument. First off, you insist on pitting a metro again a city. If you think that the companies in the RTP couldn't pick up & relocate you are wrong. Plus that's not in Raleigh.

Did you notice that other people are doing city vs city?

Do you have nightmares because Charlotte is bigger than Raleigh?

You think that NC would be lost without Raleigh? It wasn't the first capital. Somewhere else would be the capital.

Old 04-17-2016, 06:18 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,675,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
This is a childish argument. First off, you insist on pitting a metro again a city. If you think that the companies in the RTP couldn't pick up & relocate you are wrong. Plus that's not in Raleigh.

You think that NC would be lost without Raleigh? It wasn't the first capital. Somewhere else would be the capital.

^^^These posts are ridiculous and hilarious. Keep it coming guys!!!

Old 04-17-2016, 08:08 PM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:

I'm still trying to figure out where the other city is in this "city vs city debate". So far, I only see one city on the rise vs 2 adjacent metropolitan areas on the rise.

Old 04-17-2016, 10:43 PM

Quote:

Let's do CSA vs.CSA...Charlotte is not dominate lol. Charlotte is just an underachieving city, that will never dominate the state it's located in. That's the nightmare you Charlotte crew members have nightly.

Your argument is childish. Deal with that

Old 04-18-2016, 07:00 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,278,029 times
Quote:
Let's do CSA vs.CSA...Charlotte is not dominate lol. Charlotte is just an underachieving city, that will never dominate the state it's located in. That's the nightmare you Charlotte crew members have nightly.

Your argument is childish. Deal with that
Frankly, any city vs city or metro vs metro debate is kind of childish. Not sure what the argument is though because Charlotte is clearly the most dominate CITY in the state - key word, CITY.

That said, the RDU metro and Charlotte metro are very comparable with respect to size, growth and amenities. I do think Raleigh (city) will soon hit a growth streak of high rise and other urban construction but highly doubt it as a stand alone city will ever compete with Charlotte (city) from that standpoint. It is the largest city in a 3-node city metro that actually compete against each other but more often than not unite to booster the region to spur economic growth.

Old 04-18-2016, 07:25 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
Why? Are you pedophile scoping out the internet for victims?

Umm, YOU added entertainment to the discussion in an earlier post.

Simply not true. The Bechtler Museum of Contemporary Art blows anything in Raleigh out of the water.

So what? Uptown doesn't have Ashley Christensen. Big whoop. Do you really think that means Raleigh's food scene is better than Charlotte's. Truly you are delusional.
1, foolish
2,actually I didn't
3,who believes or says that besides you?
4,a James Beard award winning Chef with 7 establishments in DT Raleigh,speaks for itself. Notice I didn't mention food trucks,or food hall. Tell me what Uptowns food scene has to offer? Maybe I'm missing something? Help me out here

Old 04-18-2016, 07:54 AM

398 posts, read 498,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
1, foolish
2,actually I didn't
3,who believes or says that besides you?
4,a James Beard award winning Chef with 7 establishments in DT Raleigh,speaks for itself. Notice I didn't mention food trucks,or food hall. Tell me what Uptowns food scene has to offer? Maybe I'm missing something? Help me out here.
1. Maybe, maybe not. I don't know.
2. Wanna bet? In any event, why in the world wouldn't entertainment be part of the discussion/comparison? Things like opera, symphony, ballet, etc. are entertainment. Along with many other things.
3. Lots of people who actually know something about art, which obviously excludes you.
4. One chef doesn't make Raleigh's food scene better than Charlotte's. Nice try.

Oh, by the way. The NC Museum of Art isn't in downtown Raleigh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina