Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2018, 10:27 AM

2,047 posts, read 2,517,222 times

Advertisements

Raleigh(144.8)
Durham(108.3)
Chapel Hill(21.3)
Total 274.4 sq miles

Charlotte(274.4)

Charlotte is 23.3 sq miles larger than all three of the Triangles primary cities.

Yes Charlotte is the biggest city in the Carolinas. Anybody remember Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds? Yes they have home run records. The question is how did they get there? Let's say they took a few short cuts

That's how I see Charlotte's population. Annexation/Steroids. Clearly not natural growth.

Barry Bonds home run record********
Charlotte NC's largest city***********

Maybe Amazon didn't want a city on steroids

I must say I find it absolutely hilarious that Amazon didn't even give Charlotte a second look. That should be a clear sign to the Charlatan echo chamber. The things you brag about don't mean much.

Maybe Urbancharlotte should've sent Amazon some Carowinds tickets.😂😂😂😂

That would've tipped the scales😂😂😂😂😂

Last edited by Atowwn; 01-21-2018 at 10:35 AM..

Old 01-21-2018, 10:42 AM

1,211 posts, read 2,675,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Raleigh(144.8)
Durham(108.3)
Chapel Hill(21.3)
Total 274.4 sq miles

Charlotte(274.4)

Charlotte is 23.3 sq miles larger than all three of the Triangles primary cities.

Yes Charlotte is the biggest city in the Carolinas. Anybody remember Sammy Sosa and Barry Bonds? Yes they have home run records. The question is how did they get there? Let's say they took a few short cuts

That's how I see Charlotte's population. Annexation/Steroids. Clearly not natural growth.

Maybe Amazon didn't want a city on steroids

I must say I find it absolutely hilarious that Amazon didn't even give Charlotte a second look. That should be a clear sign to the Charlatan echo chamber. The things you brag about don't mean much.

Maybe Urbancharlotte should've sent Amazon some Carowinds tickets.��������

That would've tipped the scales����������

It's the largest city alright... Lol

Larger than the entire Durham county...

Amazon would never risk such a move!

Old 01-21-2018, 11:11 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,347,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Raleigh(144.8)
Durham(108.3)
Chapel Hill(21.3)
Total 274.4 sq miles

Charlotte(274.4)

The rest of the country uses MSA, visitor spending, built environment of the core, and metro GDP to size up cities. By those measures, Charlotte is twice the size of MSA Raleigh in all 4 categories. To be honest, Charlotte's core is about 4 times larger in terms of Class A office space and about 3 times larger when it comes to residential developments. This is why Charlotte will have 23 miles of rail transit long before Raleigh starts building any rail lines.

To say that Charlotte's largest NC city status is tied only to land grabs is the biggest internet lie that anyone who is familiar with both cities can see right through. Even your most vocal Triangle supporter on this thread has acknowledged the fact that Charlotte/Metrolina is the largest city/metro in the Carolinas....

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
As a Raleigh-area native, I've always maintained that the Triangle and Charlotte weren't all that different in size, give or take a few hundred thousand residents... But flying into CLT from RDU this morning, we came in from the north (I recognized construction work on the Yadkin River Bridge Replacement), and there were huge swaths of residential developments everywhere, and Lake Norman was extremely developed.

All of this together with Charlotte's tall downtown has changed my opinion on Metrolina (greater Charlotte). It is without a doubt NC's most heavily populated area.
//www.city-data.com/forum/charl...l#post18686230

These were the 2011 comments of a proud Raleigh native who saw both areas from the sky on the same day. Since 2011, metro Charlotte has added over 300,000 residents.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
The rest of the country uses MSA, visitor spending, built environment of the core, and metro GDP to size up cities. By those measures, Charlotte is twice the size of MSA Raleigh in all 4 categories. To be honest, Charlotte's core is about 4 times larger in terms of Class A office space and about 3 times larger when it comes to residential developments. This is why Charlotte will have 23 miles of rail transit long before Raleigh starts building any rail lines.

To say that Charlotte's largest NC city status is tied only to land grabs is the biggest internet lie that anyone who is familiar with both cities can see right through. Even your most vocal Triangle supporter on this thread has acknowledged the fact that Charlotte/Metrolina is the largest city/metro in the Carolinas....

//www.city-data.com/forum/charl...l#post18686230
These were the 2011 comments of a proud Raleigh native who saw both areas from the sky on the same day. Since 2011, metro Charlotte has added over 300,000 residents.

Grasping at straws I see. "We're big from the AIR!" If you believe Charlotte is four times the size Raleigh, then I would consider you seek help. Raleigh has many more colleges and universities. Should we count that too?. It's irrelevant really.

Both urban areas are around the same size. You can do better than that Mountain Dew!

Old 01-21-2018, 11:25 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,347,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
Grasping at straws I see. "We're big from the AIR!"
The OP of that thread is a Raleigh area native.

Old 01-21-2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
The OP of that thread is a Raleigh area native.
"You" brought it up in this thread right? Have you ever been to a big city?

Amazon didn't seem to be impressed...

Old 01-21-2018, 12:23 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
Just think 19 out of those 20 cities hoping to getting Amazon will land up with nothing. So watch how you sing song of joy of bening one of the 20 and the littlest city of the 20.

Charlotte is now doing what it has done lately, is grow it business at a steady rate. I do not think not having Amazon in Charlotte is not going to stop Charlotte growth. I think it is time for cities to stop handing out billion to companies just to add a few jobs. Charlotte has enough of companies coming and them going with their pocket full of or money.

At the present time Charlotte has a lot on its plate to work out for our low income homes, sports, transit construction and utility construction. We do not need 50,000 on top of 100,000 people moving into Charlotte.

If Raleigh built 8 million sq ft of office space in downtown , it would not pass Charlotte is closing in on 30 million square feet of office space in center city.

Old 01-21-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
Just think 19 out of those 20 cities hoping to getting Amazon will land up with nothing. So watch how you sing song of joy of bening one of the 20 and the littlest city of the 20.

Charlotte is now doing what it has done lately, is grow it business at a steady rate. I do not think not having Amazon in Charlotte is not going to stop Charlotte growth. I think it is time for cities to stop handing out billion to companies just to add a few jobs. Charlotte has enough of companies coming and them going with their pocket full of or money.

At the present time Charlotte has a lot on its plate to work out for our low income homes, sports, transit construction and utility construction. We do not need 50,000 on top of 100,000 people moving into Charlotte.

If Raleigh built 8 million sq ft of office space in downtown , it would not pass Charlotte is closing in 30 million square feet of office space in center city.

Raleigh isn't hurting for Amazon either my friend. However they chose Raleigh over Charlotte. I understand your bitterness...

How about calling Amazon and making a personal bid. Maybe that would help.

Little ol Charlotte left off the list. Boohoo!

Old 01-21-2018, 01:18 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,976,558 times
Dean smith
Coach K
Roy Williams

Vs

Cam newton
Pat Mcrory
Hb2
That crazy mayor that started hb2

Really makes me think

Btw on US news best place to live rankings raleigh is ranked higher than Charlotte LOL

Old 01-21-2018, 01:30 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,976,558 times
Charlotte - “we are important guys!!! We have more office space in an arbitrary line!!!!”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina