Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2018, 01:23 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,675,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
I’m sure you twos “judgement” will help as much as sending “prayers” to Houston after Harvey.

I’m ready to tackle issues of our struggling African-American communities. From underfunding in education, police brutality and other issues.
You're two's of what judgement? Critical thinking skills and reasoning are a must this day in age. Those whom are victim to the international system of human exploitation must me enlightened. There is no cornerstone in America where that frame of logic is welcomed unfortunately.

Blacks in America and the world over are the most exploited people in human history. Exploitation of any race is unjust!

Old 02-06-2018, 02:09 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
This is the AC Hotel and Residence Inn at the Epicentre that will open next month. That will make the Epicenter have 3 hotel along with the Aloft Hotel. I am sure this will provide of jobs for people.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:14 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,439,755 times
Newly open Kimpton Tryon Park Hotel in uptown Charlotte

Old 02-07-2018, 05:56 AM

3,661 posts, read 3,938,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
You're two's of what judgement? Critical thinking skills and reasoning are a must this day in age. Those whom are victim to the international system of human exploitation must me enlightened. There is no cornerstone in America where that frame of logic is welcomed unfortunately.

Blacks in America and the world over are the most exploited people in human history. Exploitation of any race is unjust!
Here in Atlanta, the powers that be are black, and my opinion is that the fight for equal rights and left some other aspects of the community neglected. The black community can get anything done here, and when things aren't good, blaming others doesn't fly.

All I want is for Atlanta, in all four quadrants, to demand better conditions for the streets and to not accept as normal trash blanketing shoulders of all roads.

No one is stepping up in Atlanta and demanding that conditions improve.

Old 02-07-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLT1985 View Post
I just want to post that Charlotte gain more than twice as many people as Raleigh between 2010 and 2016, by US Census report.

Charlotte gain 110,627 people
Raleigh gain 54,988

Charlotte gain 2.02 times s many people as Raleigh.
So why are more people moving to Charlotte, if Raleigh is a greater city than Charlotte with all those accolades.

All the talk about how bad Charlotte is holds no water.
Stupid comparison, cherry picked and misleading, Charlotte city limits compared to only one of Wake's city limits ain't gonna fly.

At minimum Cary should also be included with Raleigh.

Wake to Mecklenburg would be a better comparison.

It's laughable how the criteria is constantly changing to prove metrolina's greatness!

Old 02-07-2018, 06:24 AM

1,211 posts, read 2,675,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect77 View Post
Here in Atlanta, the powers that be are black, and my opinion is that the fight for equal rights and left some other aspects of the community neglected. The black community can get anything done here, and when things aren't good, blaming others doesn't fly.

All I want is for Atlanta, in all four quadrants, to demand better conditions for the streets and to not accept as normal trash blanketing shoulders of all roads.

I doubt the political puppets in Atlanta have any POWER over the people who OWN almost the entirety of the land, economics, education, media, and businesses there. It's amazing that in a so called free country, supposed citizens aren't allowed to discuss or find a remedy for their trauma.

Why is there a fight to begin with? Think about that. In order to solve a problem, the root must be found. Systematic social engineering is REAL. Pretending will only continue the exploitation of citizens in this country. History has shown this repeatedly.

But hey this is Great Raleigh vs Old funky Charlotte, right?

Old 02-07-2018, 06:25 AM

2,679 posts, read 2,901,987 times
Quote:
Stupid comparison, cherry picked and misleading, Charlotte city limits compared to only one of Wake's city limits ain't gonna fly.

At minimum Cary should also be included with Raleigh.

Wake to Mecklenburg would be a better comparison.

It's laughable how the criteria is constantly changing to prove metrolina's greatness!

It might as well be renamed to Charlotte County at this point lol

Old 02-07-2018, 06:25 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:

In CLT, hell hath no fury when It comes to redistricting. People can be apathetic to many things that anger them, but dare send their kids to an underfunded school or bus other kids in, there is the million mothers march in city hall.

I’m not even sure how some public schools can be a dump but others have cutting edge technology with medical labs and kids graduating with associates degrees, etc. That’s an issue I can’t even think of a solution that wouldn’t cause a major backlash and hurt the entire city

Old 02-07-2018, 06:28 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,394,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesake View Post
It might as well be renamed to Charlotte County at this point lol
It should be. Consolidated forms of government are much more efficient.

You guys aren’t seriously ignorant enough to think city limits are based on looking bigger???

That’s not how These things are decided.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cons...ed_city-county

There’s a list of city-County governments. Anchorage, NoLa, Denver, Nashville, etc

Denver County/Denver City

Old 02-07-2018, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
And here we go with this horse crap that Charlotte is just a few glitzy towers.

There’s a reason Charlottes Center city is growing 5x faster in every category than downtown Raleigh.

It’s the same reason Austin and Nashville are are having even bigger skyscraper booms. Uptown, and downtowns Austin and Nashville are desirable. People like them. People like to live in them. That’s why uptown commands a stronger rent. That’s why in Raleigh you can park all day for 5$ and uptown you can park for 25$ a day

Charlotte is growing faster than The triangle.

Interactive, reconnecting with nature and all that other stuff you’re mentioning is exactly Charlotte, Austin and Nashville’s downtown are exploding with people, events, conventions, etc.

Austin is an example a city can boom and retain its uniqueness

People should really just talk about how nice their own cities are. You don’t have to constantly make uninformed comments about the other to discuss why your city is great even in a “vs.” thread. Mayberry vs. Soulless is a much worse conversation than hearing good things about the respective cities
I don't know what your end game is, but Charlotte is NC's "big city" with a downtown core that's thriving and the only one in the state with enough employees to support mass transit.

Fortunately, NC is blessed with multiple metros, each with their own strengths.

Each area place high value on different things, and that's good.

Comparisons that are fair using the same criteria are almost impossible.

It's like trying to compare NC with GA.

Everything about Georgia is practically opposite that of NC,

i.e 1 main population cluster vs. much more dispersed in NC

NC's state stewardship, gov't. agencies, planning for future & protecting its citizens-among nation's best
while Georgia struggles with most basic state functions:

Pervasive small town mentality in NC vs. Atlanta's population which has same mindset as residents of NYC and LA (I've lived in all 3)

Posting photos to prove Charlotte's hipness exudes to me how isolated the area must be.

Exactly like Charlotte's Amazon video with those 2 guys who y'all thought were hipsters, but actually they came off as country bumpkins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina