U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2016, 11:27 AM

22,769 posts, read 27,828,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
Fayetteville is like any small-medium sized city
Very true, personally I can't tell the difference between Fayetteville and Charleston. Sometimes I have to stop people on the street and ask them where I am, because it is so easy to get confused.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2016, 12:50 PM

199 posts, read 245,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernTiger099 View Post
I didn't think Bladen County was that poor. For North Carolina.

Also, like others have said. Fayetteville has good and bad areas. The bad areas you need to stay away from. Spring Lake is ugly.
Spring Lake, NC is just full of military people

Old 05-02-2016, 12:57 PM

814 posts, read 531,058 times
I've been plenty of times when I attended college near there. It's a typical military town with a frequent crime rate. Lots of drugs. too Far away from a good airport (or at least an international one) I prefer a college town or one with a high percentage of college graduates personally. A couple of friends who live there describe it as "ghetto" yet they don't move

Old 05-02-2016, 01:08 PM

2,328 posts, read 2,133,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Very true, personally I can't tell the difference between Fayetteville and Charleston. Sometimes I have to stop people on the street and ask them where I am, because it is so easy to get confused.

Old 05-02-2016, 02:01 PM

199 posts, read 245,173 times
Quote:
I really confused right now

Old 05-02-2016, 02:27 PM

1,100 posts, read 532,673 times
Quote:
Aye, sarcasm me lad. Is it the ocean that gets you all disoriented, or might it be the rum ya?

Old 05-02-2016, 10:18 PM

7,886 posts, read 8,825,169 times
Quote:

Old 05-03-2016, 12:14 AM

345 posts, read 356,505 times
I was a military dependent, actually lived in Fort Bragg for 3+ years (long time for an Army brat) and it was the BEST place to live for a kiddo. Back in the late sixties, lived on Woodruff, but it appears that the housing we lived in was torn down. Raleigh was considered the big city, remember Fay and Haymarket Street where there was a food co-op. So it used to be progressive lol.

Old 05-03-2016, 10:19 PM

983 posts, read 3,687,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
I've been plenty of times when I attended college near there. It's a typical military town with a frequent crime rate. Lots of drugs. too Far away from a good airport (or at least an international one) I prefer a college town or one with a high percentage of college graduates personally. A couple of friends who live there describe it as "ghetto" yet they don't move
I've been here my entire life--have never been offered drugs, have never seen a drug transaction that I'm aware of, and would have no idea how to acquire drugs if I wanted them.

Old 05-04-2016, 04:43 AM

1,767 posts, read 1,559,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
Fayetteville is what happens when you take Jacksonville away from the coast and double the size of the city. If you're not working for the Military, you might as well be working retail.

IMO Part of the problem is that cities like Fayetteville and Jacksonville have relied so much on their military bases, that they failed to adequately diversify their job base/economy to include more stable sectors of employment. What I'm saying is anecdotal, but when there aren't many good paying jobs available, it gives people more opportunities to commit crimes.

It's also worth mentioning that just to Fayetteville's south is one of North Carolina's poorest counties.
This was always my biggest complaint, and why I moved my family out.

Fayetteville's economy is based completely on the military; you are either in the military, provide a service to the military, or you sell things to the military.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina