Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 08:46 AM

199 posts, read 302,726 times

Advertisements

So many people are saying Fayetteville, NC is not a good place to live. Here my question why you live there in the first place unless you people are in the military. Am surprise da the city has lots of crime there. I don't live in Fayetteville, NC. The reason is here because am trying to get some facts on Fayetteville, NC, since the cities are so bad there. It mostly a military town.

I POST DAILY CITY-DATA

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 09-06-2016 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: typos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 08:48 AM

1,100 posts, read 633,570 times
Fayetteville is like any small-medium sized city...it has it good areas and bad areas. Stay away from the bad areas and you will be fine. My only angst towards Fayetteville is it seems overpopulated for the current infrastructure. I've been in cities with near a million or more people and it didn't feel as populated as Fayetteville.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:13 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,498,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
Fayetteville is like any small-medium sized city...it has it good areas and bad areas. Stay away from the bad areas and you will be fine. My only angst towards Fayetteville is it seems overpopulated for the current infrastructure. I've been in cities with near a million or more people and it didn't feel as populated as Fayetteville.
This is not true. Fayetteville has lots of problems and more cons than pros. Rude people, bums everywhere, sleazy hotels and massage parlors, strip clubs, military businesses...there is no real one part of Fayetteville to avoid, the whole city is a lost cause.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:18 PM

1,100 posts, read 633,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
This is not true. Fayetteville has lots of problems and more cons than pros. Rude people, bums everywhere, sleazy hotels and massage parlors, strip clubs, military businesses....

Your statement pretty much validates my statement....stay away from the bad areas and you'll be fine.

There's areas of Fayetteville that aren't run down...that's a false statement. I don't even like Fayetteville and I'll call you out on that.

Old 04-20-2016, 01:40 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,819,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
This is not true. Fayetteville has lots of problems and more cons than pros. Rude people, bums everywhere, sleazy hotels and massage parlors, strip clubs, military businesses...there is no real one part of Fayetteville to avoid, the whole city is a lost cause.
Lol! You just described Danville, VA! Well, except there's no military here. I grew up in eastern NC (Wayne County) and in all the years I've lived there, I've never heard a single person (that's been there) say anything good about Fayetteville. I've never been there myself, though (except for passing through on I-95).

Old 04-20-2016, 03:22 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,498,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
Your statement pretty much validates my statement....stay away from the bad areas and you'll be fine.

There's areas of Fayetteville that aren't run down...that's a false statement. I don't even like Fayetteville and I'll call you out on that.
Sorry, the part I was talking about was where you said it's like any other small medium city. It's not. Besides a small area of downtown and along Skibo, yeah Fayetteville is run down. Even those areas being "nicer" doesn't mean anything - crap still happens along both. I'll never forget about the 2 homeless guys at the downtown library that got into a fight and stabbEd each other, lol. Good times.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:31 PM

1,826 posts, read 2,494,871 times
It has a lot of the type of businesses that correlate with having a large military presence. I personally find the place to be boring and in the part of the state where one would have to drive all the way to the Raleigh/Durham area for decent entertainment. It's basically what happens if you place a massive military base next to a place like Kinston or Goldsboro.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:47 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,477,176 times
Fayetteville is what happens when you take Jacksonville away from the coast and double the size of the city. If you're not working for the Military, you might as well be working retail.

IMO Part of the problem is that cities like Fayetteville and Jacksonville have relied so much on their military bases, that they failed to adequately diversify their job base/economy to include more stable sectors of employment. What I'm saying is anecdotal, but when there aren't many good paying jobs available, it gives people more opportunities to commit crimes.

It's also worth mentioning that just to Fayetteville's south is one of North Carolina's poorest counties.

Last edited by Renownedtheworldaround; 04-20-2016 at 05:56 PM..

Old 04-20-2016, 05:53 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,528,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renownedtheworldaround View Post
Fayetteville is what happens when you take Jacksonville away from the coast and double the size of the city. If you're not working for the Military, you might as well be working retail.

IMO Part of the problem is that cities like Fayetteville and Jacksonville have relied so much on their military bases, that they failed to adequately diversify their job base/economy to include more stable sectors of employment.
Bingo!

Old 04-20-2016, 06:11 PM

199 posts, read 302,726 times
Almost half of the population are military people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina