Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 03:55 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,560,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
So is this Shake Shack really that good? How does it compare to similar burger joints already in NC like Five Guys, BurgerFi, Burger21, etc
It's no great shakes (oh look, I made a funny). Truth of the matter, if you're going to dream, dream big and wish for an In-N-Out. Otherwise Culver's would be a nice addition, and Five Guys are doing close to what SS comes up with at 2/3 the price.

YMMV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2016, 04:09 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,408,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I also had questions about what makes Shake Shack different from any other burger place like Five Guys. I notice that their web site says they have beer and wine. Is that an essential part of their franchise? How does that fit with being a child-friendly place?

Are they more of a sit-down restaurant or a fast-food place? Other than the alcohol, I see that they have "cage-free" chicken and non-GMO rolls. Are their hand-made shakes made with real ice cream? Is there anything else I am missing?
It is nothing like Five Guys or any other burger chain. Actually, they added the burger to the menu as an afterthought, yet it wound up as the best item and now everyone classifies it as a burger chain. They do have beer, but it is a super family friendly place. It is not an essential part. It is simply offered. However, their top beer is actually brewed just for them.

It is a mixture of a sit down restaurant and a fast food place. They are a chain now, but they are the anti-chain. You go into a Five Guys, and every location looks the same. Not so with Shake Shack. The very first Shake Shack was in Madison Square Park in NYC, and at the time of its opening, MSP was not a happening place. Shake Shack was designed to service that community and give back. Each location Shack has is supposed to represent that community...if you go to a Shack in Orlando, it'll feel like it really belongs in Orlando. Go to one in Chicago and you won't see something like ping pong tables and a fire pit, but completely different architecture and things set up. This is why I do not group Shake Shack in the category of fast food...it's more in the category of fast casual. Eating at places such as In-N-Out or Five Guys, you know you're eating at a fast food place. The owner/founder of Shake Shack comes from the land of 5-star restaurants, and translates the quality of the foods there to Shack. And you won't ever see drive-thru windows.

It is an awesome place. I just went on Saturday. Yup, drove 4 hours to DC, ate there, drove back. And I didn't even comment on the quality of the food, which speaks for itself.

Here's a good article which sums up what you're getting with Shake Shack.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:11 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
Do you like Zinburger at Southpoint, PDF?
I have only been to Charlotte a few times. I live in Raleigh. My favorite burger joints in Raleigh are MoJoe's and Al's, but still nothing compared to Shake Shack.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:22 PM

398 posts, read 497,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I have only been to Charlotte a few times. I live in Raleigh. My favorite burger joints in Raleigh are MoJoe's and Al's, but still nothing compared to Shake Shack.
Southpoint is in Durham. Perhaps you read it as "Southpark", which in Charlotte.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:25 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
Southpoint is in Durham. Perhaps you read it as "Southpark", which in Charlotte.
Oops, yes I did.

Old 04-25-2016, 04:42 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,571,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
So is this Shake Shack really that good? How does it compare to similar burger joints already in NC like Five Guys, BurgerFi, Burger21, etc
There are two of them within a few hundred yards of each other --- but that's at JFK.
It's better than most airport food.

Old 04-25-2016, 05:30 PM

605 posts, read 804,118 times
Quote:
Oops, yes I did.
Well, you'll have to try Zinburger in Durham and let us know what you think!

Old 04-25-2016, 05:33 PM
PDF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
Well, you'll have to try Zinburger in Durham and let us know what you think!
I'm going to a Bulls game soon, I'll check it out then. Thanks for the rec.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:56 PM

1,545 posts, read 1,872,453 times
Quote:
Zinburger is in Southpoint mall in Durham, well didn't read every one else saying the same exact thing so you can ignore this one, but I like all those places(Al's MoJoe's, Zinburger)

If you guys haven't been Burger bach(In Durham on 9th St) is also good.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:12 PM

530 posts, read 637,157 times
Personally I would definitely recommend Burger Bach over Zinburger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina