Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 11:48 AM

28 posts, read 24,128 times

Advertisements

Also we come from a very small town you can literally ride through it in 15mins so we always have to travel 1 hour way to do things with the kids or go out to eat shop ect. So I like that concord still gave us a calm area but if we had something we wanted to do it wasn't that far away being Charlotte was only about 30mins away
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2016, 05:05 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,734,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaker2 View Post
OK thanks I can say my fiancé is very picky when it comes to the kids I may need to visit and get a feel for Raleigh myself I'm not familiar with it but thanks for links I will be looking into them.
You should ALWAYS visit somewhere before considering moving there, unless a job transfer is taking you there. only you know if something fits YOUR needs--not your cousin, not articles, not even us

I'd love to know why someone though Raleigh wasn't safe though, unless they are talking about the Southeast part, which typically is not ever the past anybody talks about regarding relocation.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:45 PM

I have visited the area we physically went down there and road around viewing the area to see if we liked it and my fiancé didn't feel it was safe not 100% sure on what part he ment I didn't ask because I'm not that familiar with the area so just like if someone up here gave me a suggestion on a area I would have to go see it because I wouldn't know

Old 05-04-2016, 07:50 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,483,776 times
I agree with Francois. I grew up in Raleigh, and although it's been a long time since I lived there, I still visit frequently. As with ANY town or city, there are always going to be less desirable areas to avoid but I wouldn't in a million years discourage someone from living in Raleigh due to lack of safety.

Old 05-05-2016, 04:35 PM

When I said we went down there to view the area I was speaking of concord and when I said I would have to view the area because im not familiar with it I was speaking of Raleigh but thank you for your input I will be looking into Raleigh soon. Im also interested in wake forest and cary.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:33 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,734,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbaker2 View Post
When I said we went down there to view the area I was speaking of concord and when I said I would have to view the area because im not familiar with it I was speaking of Raleigh but thank you for your input I will be looking into Raleigh soon. Im also interested in wake forest and cary.
Wake Forest and Cary are the very opposite of "small town living" you're accustomed to. Both are exploding with growth from transplants, full of big-box stores and strip malls, and TRAFFIC. The roads just weren't built to accommodate such massive growth so quickly. Schools fill up almost as soon as they are built. Cary has a population over 100K even though technically it is still the TOWN of Cary. Next-door Apex has now taken on a lot of the growth that Cary experience in the past 20 years, as Cary has more or less become "full".

If you really want to be near Raleigh in a "small town" atmosphere and don't mind a little bit of a drive, Clayton, Holly Springs, or even Smithfield are more along that vein.

Old 05-06-2016, 05:25 PM

We want a bit of city life we have both lived in a small town all our lives and looking for more offered more things to do that's not a hour away and things for a children to do activities kids sports ect our town don't offer any of that

Old 05-10-2016, 08:43 AM

63 posts, read 202,319 times
Rocky Mount is an excellent place to live. Easy commuting with recently widened highways due to projected higher traffic volumes. Homes are affordable. The people are kind and friendly. I have lived inside city limits since 2005. The people that talk terrible of Rocky Mount don't even live in the city! Every city has blight and crime, just like every city has beauty and points of interest. There a 3 people in city data that bash Rocky Mount without living here. Should I offer expert opinion on Wilmington or Greensboro without living there? I been to the cities and can throw out statistics, but does that make my perception of the city valid? Or would residents of their cities authentically know them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina