Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2016, 04:24 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
It is for me.
Instead of worrying about the possibility of some trans gendered person praying on little girls, you should be more worried about "straight" males in bathrooms praying on little boys.

Chances are they are probably a retired conservative politician. At least according to the nightly news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2016, 05:22 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Again. . .I am a female boomer. Most females of my generation can tell tales of abuse of various types, if we choose. I see no point in crying in your beer over the past. Again, the trans people have been in the bathrooms for decades. HB2 was not written to protect women & children, but to serve as a smokescreen for the Art Pope special laws. Whether you chose to ignore it, or missed it, a concerned parent posted this in another thread. Lawmakers should do more to truly protect N.C.
By that logic, I guess transgender people can tell tales as well.

I very much doubt that a nude trans with a penis has been showering with girls for decades. That is what the Charlotte ordinance would allow. It would also then prevent any male showering with the girls from being removed from the building, as long as he "claimed" he identities as a female today.

As far as toilet stalls, like you say, trans have been using them for years. No reason for Charlotte to have changed a working system and started all this kaos. Stupid move.

Old 05-16-2016, 05:42 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
By that logic, I guess transgender people can tell tales as well.

I very much doubt that a nude trans with a penis has been showering with girls for decades. That is what the Charlotte ordinance would allow. It would also then prevent any male showering with the girls from being removed from the building, as long as he "claimed" he identities as a female today.

As far as toilet stalls, like you say, trans have been using them for years. No reason for Charlotte to have changed a working system and started all this kaos. Stupid move.
As a female, I am the audience that the GOP wants to con. I'm not buying it for one second. 2 links were posted on the nature of the "sleight of hand". You want to buy it? Go ahead. Again, it's not that they care. They don't. They just want the focus off their present to Art Pope.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:05 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Instead of worrying about the possibility of some trans gendered person praying on little girls, you should be more worried about "straight" males in bathrooms praying on little boys.

Chances are they are probably a retired conservative politician. At least according to the nightly news.
I'm not worried about assaults from transgender people at all. Most opponents of Charlotte's ordinance aren't either.

We are talking PAST each other instead of listening carefully to the actual concerns of one another.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:45 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Note how the fear has escalated to redirecting from the real issues with sexual predators and where they're are most likely to strike ...

This ain't about protecting women/children or safety.

^^^

You nailed it.

How is HB2 going to be enforced anyway?

Are cops going to be stationed in front of public rest rooms?

Old 05-16-2016, 07:43 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
^^^

You nailed it.

How is HB2 going to be enforced anyway?

Are cops going to be stationed in front of public rest rooms?
There is no genital police. The bathroom part is just the smokescreen for the unrelated nastiness tacked on which is a big wet kiss to Art Pope who is the NC version of the Koch brothers. If you didn't read the articles in the News and Observer thread, do so. The one about the pirates is hysterically funny, inspite of the accuracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina