Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 01:07 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
The alternative would be to let anyone use any restroom, locker or shower they choose. Obviously, even more problematic.

I would still prefer what we were all fine with before Charlotte's ordinance. Businesses and facilities could police their own restrooms and showers, even allowing transgender people their choice, while not being threatened with lawsuit if they questioned or removed someone that they felt was a threat
Charlotte was only trying to codify the behavior that most people already practice in their everyday lives. Only the right-wing loons seem to imagine that hordes of straight men will be prancing in their ballroom gowns to get a gander of a 10 year old's hoo-ha in the ladies room. That goes to their secret desires, excluding the toe tappers to be found in the men's room.

Last edited by TheEmissary; 05-10-2016 at 01:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 01:12 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
As we've explored in other threads, there are reasonable options like allowing transgender people to use the bathroom they want as long as they have a standardized doctor's note (in case they are questioned by concerned females, facility managers or police). Unfortunately, neither side seems to be pursuing these kind of real solutions.
Kinda like branding or tattooing identification numbers on certain types of humans?

Old 05-10-2016, 01:14 PM

2,991 posts, read 4,289,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Kinda like branding or tattooing identification numbers on certain types of humans?
Do you seriously believe that these are equivalent? Just wondering . . .

Old 05-10-2016, 01:18 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
You "guarantee" it?

What if the person who gets shot is indeed a woman who just happens to look EXACTY LIKE A MAN except for a final operation? That's what HB2 will create, if obeyed. Seriously, does your side even *think* about what they're saying?
No they don't. I've tried to point it out in numerous threads & the bs just keeps getting more & more bizarre.

Old 05-10-2016, 01:32 PM

1,810 posts, read 2,765,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
Do you seriously believe that these are equivalent? Just wondering . . .
Yes. Same ballpark. Same game. Same inhumane purpose to segregate and ostracize.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:19 PM

17 posts, read 12,058 times
Quote:
People need a tag to use certain handicap facilities. Since gender changes aren't always readily obvious, it's similar to people with handicaps that you may not be able to see.

It wouldn't be mandatory, but those that choose to use a public restroom, locker or shower that does not match their gender would have an option.
I agree like a state-issued wristband with your sex on it. Therefore any confusion would be eliminated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqttrdr View Post
why must everyone pander to .03% of the country?
YES. Such a small percentage to even worry about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
Kudos NC Governor! The fight against indecency has a hero over an aimed at avoiding:

Having to pistol whip prediphiles by dad's who end up getting prosecuted for protecting their kids
Filthy horney jackwagons coming into girls Johns
Attacks by pseudo transgenders
We don't have to get rid of A.G Lynch Obama's haywire justice whatever ( get them the hell outta here!)
My granddaughter can take a sigh of relief that a disturbed gender confused boy psychopath won't
embarrass her.
Sexual abuse candled for now!!
Amen! So many assaults from people claiming to be trans in bathroom across the state. It's time we stand up as a state!

Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
We have to get rid of Obama and his knucklehead puppet AG Lynch . This bathroom scenario is getting
bizzare!
I'm never using a public restroom now. Too scared a pedophile will be in there.

I agree with the above posters that liberals are running this country into the ground. We need to make america great again!

Old 05-10-2016, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil A. Delphia View Post
Yes. Same ballpark. Same game. Same inhumane purpose to segregate and ostracize.
No. Segregation and ostracism were not the intent of the Holocaust. Evidently you don't know the purpose of the numbers -- each corresponded to a punch card to be tabulated on an IBM-provided machine for the purpose of selecting slave labor and/or death.

Your flippant equivalence between the two is very disrespectful of Holocaust survivors (and victims), of which I have known several.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan56 View Post
Too scared a pedophile will be in there.
As a man, I'm scared that a woman will be in there and trump up a rape charge in order to try to extort $$. From the get-go I would be on the defensive, given the current predilection to view normal white men as pigs.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:42 PM

17 posts, read 12,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamish Forbes View Post
As a man, I'm scared that a woman will be in there and trump up a rape charge in order to try to extort $$. From the get-go I would be on the defensive, given the current predilection to view normal white men as pigs.
+1

Never thought about that one. Money grabbers will sue the pants off of men, if sexes can use the same bathroom.

Old 05-10-2016, 02:44 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,197,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan56 View Post
+1

Never thought about that one. Money grabbers will sue the pants off of men, if sexes can use the same bathroom.
No wonder you're scared. Your world is a scary place.

Glad I don't live there, I find reality much more rewarding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina