Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2016, 11:01 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
the people who say the bathroom issue is a sideshow or smokescreen in the bill do support allowing 'transgendered' people into opposite sex bathrooms. It can't be a smokescreen if that is the case.
The rest of the bill is a big wet kiss to Art Pope.

I'm a female boomer. I've been in ladies rooms with trans women occasionally for at least 40 years. I'm not concerned. I am concerned that the idiots have ordered the trans women into men's rooms where they may be beat up & trans men into women's bathrooms. Get a Google image of a trans man & tell me how I'm supposed to divine if there's a trans man or an interloper in the ladies' room with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 11:07 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
it doesn't matter if you are not concerned.

it only matters if a single person is concerned. Obvously there are thousands of women and girls who are not comfortable with this. And I and many men don't want a Bruce Jenner in the ladies room with my wife and daughters.

I can defend the rest of the bill, but I won't get into it here.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:14 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
People in the US sue for discrimination. There can be many reasons. Somtimes they are trying to get their job back.

If you want to voice your opinion on HB2 the terms of service say that you are welcome to. When you are told that you are not dealing with the whole bill, Google it. I'm using a phone at this time.

If you Google trans man & then hit image you will see pictures of who the NC legislature has ordered into women's bathrooms.
It seems to me that if you want to bring up a Bill that is not included in the original post, it might be best to link it ... you know, as a reference to support your point.

Thanks

Old 05-20-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
it doesn't matter if you are concerned.

it only matters if a single person is concerned. I don't want a Bruce Jenner in the ladies room with my wife and daughters.

I can defend the rest of the bill, but I won't get into it here.
Go ahead & defend it. Your governor threatened to veto a clone of it.

You want trans men in bathrooms with your wife & daughters? They may think otherwise. Get a Google image.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
It seems to me that if you want to bring up a Bill that is not included in the original post, it might be best to link it ... you know, as a reference to support your point.

Thanks
I'm currently using a phone. There are multiple links in the many other threads. The original post is about HB2.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Go ahead & defend it. Your governor threatened to veto a clone of it.

You want trans men in bathrooms with your wife & daughters? They may think otherwise. Get a Google image.
Haley is not right about everything and she as a tendency to be enslaved by corporations at times. I don't think that it is a good idea for people to allow corporatons to blackmail them on issues like this.

The difference is no city in SC has passed a bathroom ordinance like Charlotte did, that even dictated the policies for private business bathrooms. Thre is nothing for SC to overturn at the moment.

The bill states that businesses can accommodate 'transgenders' if they want to, while also protecting businesses from being punished for not allowing 'transgenders' into opposite sex bathrooms.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:29 PM

It seems like if you have a male body, using the male restroom is a lot more convenient and quick with the urinal option. I question how many 'transgendered' males would even want to use the female restroom.

My goal is to spend as little time as possible in public restrooms, and I prefer not sitting down on the toilets. I'd take the urinal option even if I thought I was a woman.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:49 PM

204 posts, read 145,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Men who cannot cope with being male need their own rooms to do their own thing. They are not women, they are not female, and they do not have the right to impose their will on natural born women and girls.
I don't want this insanity either, but when you argue about imposing wills, well, that ship has sailed. Women have been imposing their will upon others, including men, in other areas, seemingly forever. Such as public breast-feeding and in women wanting into male spaces. You can argue all you want that the issues are not identical, and I could not disagree with you if you said that, but these are all word games being played out here so when you talk about men not having the right to impose their will upon natural born women and girls, your wordsmithing falls silent to lots of deaf ears out there, ears made deaf by the self-righteous women who have already demanded and succeeded that their will be imposed upon others, including upon men.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:53 PM

Quote:
I'm currently using a phone. There are multiple links in the many other threads. The original post is about HB2.
Without a link, no one knows what you're referring to.

Old 05-20-2016, 11:57 PM

Quote:
It seems like if you have a male body, using the male restroom is a lot more convenient and quick with the urinal option. I question how many 'transgendered' males would even want to use the female restroom.

My goal is to spend as little time as possible in public restrooms, and I prefer not sitting down on the toilets. I'd take the urinal option even if I thought I was a woman.
I question how many transexuals are also homosexual pedophiles ... or are they just homosexuals? What is the sexual preference of male to female transexuals? Is it men, and young men are okay too? I'm guessing it isn't women.

Are transexuals like transvestites, where they want to look and act like women but keep the genitals of a man?

How do male to female transexuals have sex?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina