Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 04:47 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
What's the chance that you can't find one person opposed to anything.

Look at it this way. You have probably been in a bathroom with a trans man & your wife has probably been in a bathroom with a trans woman. You lived through it.

If you still don't get it, google trans man. Then hit image. That's who you're good with being in the ladies rooms with your wife. Then hit trans woman & repeat the process.

As to locker rooms, & kids, I never used a shower in school. Only a handful of females used the showers in my 4 years there. Many of the girls wouldn't change in the locker room & the took the gym suit & headed for the bathroom & went into stalls behind locked doors. Unlike you, I am a female & had 4 years of mandatory gym class. I actually know what happens in the girls locker room in a high school.

Did I say that I am enthusiastic about it? No I did not. I am not hot & bothered by it. I am insensed that males still think it's fine to speak for women. Who the hell do men think they are to speak for women, including total strangers? That's what I think. This is not the 19th century.
My point is that I don't think it is right to force somebody to deal with a situation they are not comfortable with, just b/c you and others are. Obviously it is more than 1 woman who is opposed to it, and I believe a clear majority oppose, maybe even over 80 percent.

Just because there typically isn't a rape, sexual harrasment in a bathroom with a 'trans', doesn't mean there haven't been any, or won't be any in the future. Even if there would be no rapes, many women are not going to be comfortable in the bathroom if a man is in there. You could see a situation where women and girls need to go to a bathroom but avoid doing so because it is a 'transgendered allowed' bathroom.

You are acting like you are spokesperson for all women because you are a woman. My wife disagrees with you on this issue, as well as many other women. I never said I speak for all women, I said that I would like to have a vote on the issue. I would be ok with only women voting on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 05:04 AM

3,444 posts, read 2,817,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
My point is that I don't think it is right to force somebody to deal with a situation they are not comfortable with, just b/c you and others are. Obviously it is more than 1 woman who is opposed to it, and I believe a clear majority oppose, maybe even over 80 percent.

Just because there typically isn't a rape, sexual harrasment in a bathroom with a 'trans', doesn't mean there haven't been any, or won't be any in the future. Even if there would be no rapes, many women are not going to be comfortable in the bathroom if a man is in there. You could see a situation where women and girls need to go to a bathroom but avoid doing so because it is a 'transgendered allowed' bathroom.

You are acting like you are spokesperson for all women because you are a woman. My wife disagrees with you on this issue, as well as many other women. I never said I speak for all women, I said that I would like to have a vote on the issue. I would be ok with only women voting on it.
I think your estimate of 80% is grossly exaggerated.

HB 2 Deeply Unpopular in North Carolina; Voters Think It's Hurting State - Public Policy Polling

Ahhh, I see where you get your figure from. The Speaker of the House came up with that number, so that apparently makes it fact.

As a female, it doesn't bother me at all to share a bathroom with someone who is a transgender. All the females I have spoken to personally, whether they are conservatives or liberals, have no issue with it either.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:34 AM

746 posts, read 1,242,620 times
I feel that the should be allowed to use whatever bathroom they want UNLESS THEY OFFEND someone! Then, if asked to, they must leave.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:05 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,358 times
It should be left up to the business. Some will allow it and some will not. Just like Target, those that want will be free to open their restrooms to all genders.

Government facilities like schools are a trickier situation. You can't choose not to go to school if you are uncomfortable showering with boys. They should provide a third option for transgenders.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
As to locker rooms, & kids, I never used a shower in school. Only a handful of females used the showers in my 4 years there. Many of the girls wouldn't change in the locker room & the took the gym suit & headed for the bathroom & went into stalls behind locked doors. Unlike you, I am a female & had 4 years of mandatory gym class. I actually know what happens in the girls locker room in a high school.
Based on this logic, schools shouldn't even have showers. We have to assume that, where showers and lockers are provided, someone may want to use them. The question is, do we require both genders to use the same ones at the same time. Most North Carolinians say no.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
Disliking HB2 is not the same as agreeing that boys should shower with girls. More than 80% disagree with that part of the DOJ's threat.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:23 AM

3,774 posts, read 8,195,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
Disliking HB2 is not the same as agreeing that boys should shower with girls. More than 80% disagree with that part of the DOJ's threat.
That's because your compatriots refuse to make a distinction between a transgender female and a cis male. An absurd premise, but what we've come to expect from the emotionally-charged prim-props.

Old 05-22-2016, 08:54 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlove View Post
I think your estimate of 80% is grossly exaggerated.

HB 2 Deeply Unpopular in North Carolina; Voters Think It's Hurting State - Public Policy Polling

Ahhh, I see where you get your figure from. The Speaker of the House came up with that number, so that apparently makes it fact.

As a female, it doesn't bother me at all to share a bathroom with someone who is a transgender. All the females I have spoken to personally, whether they are conservatives or liberals, have no issue with it either.
I have not heard a single female comment that the HB2 rule is a bang-up good idea. I live in the same town where the speaker of the house was born & raised & still lives, which is literally on the the edge of the Charlotte metro. In fact, I've only heard opposition to it. Could you find a few who like it? Probably, but they don't like it enough to be vocal about it.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native_Son View Post
That's because your compatriots refuse to make a distinction between a transgender female and a cis male. An absurd premise, but what we've come to expect from the emotionally-charged prim-props.
What is the distinction? Your compatriots refuse to define it.

Old 05-22-2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
I have not heard a single female comment that the HB2 rule is a bang-up good idea. I live in the same town where the speaker of the house was born & raised & still lives, which is literally on the the edge of the Charlotte metro. In fact, I've only heard opposition to it. Could you find a few who like it? Probably, but they don't like it enough to be vocal about it.
They don't like losing the ability to sue. If you ask those same people if men should be allowed into women's facilities with no defined limit, they wouldn't be so thrilled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina