Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 10:34 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,923,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Whole lotta ignorance on this thread. Most of you should re-read Native Son's post, and take his advice.
I would suggest that the rejection of men and boys in the girls change room at the swimming pool is not ignorance. That is common sense. What is completely abnormal is the suggestion that men and boys should be in the girls change room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 10:56 AM

2,668 posts, read 7,140,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I would suggest that the rejection of men and boys in the girls change room at the swimming pool is not ignorance. That is common sense. What is completely abnormal is the suggestion that men and boys should be in the girls change room.
And I would suggest, again, that you heed Native Son's advice.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:16 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,923,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
And I would suggest, again, that you heed Native Son's advice.
Perhaps you can elaborate on why it is a sign of ignorance to believe that little girls should have privacy from men and boys in the swimming pool change room.

Old 05-19-2016, 11:19 AM

5,920 posts, read 6,433,250 times
Quote:
“Those safety issues are political fiction — non-transgender men wouldn’t have been allowed in women’s bathrooms under the Charlotte ordinance that HB 2 killed, and the 200 or so cities with similar ordinances have had no incidents involving bathroom predators,” the editorial said.
LOL! How would they have known the men were non-transgender?

Old 05-19-2016, 12:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,372,655 times
Happen last week in Virginia that allows going to restroom identify with. This is the second time same person doing an impersonation. This time spying on a 53-year-old before looked at a 35 year with a 5-year-old daughter. Man Dressed as Woman Arrested for Spying Into Mall Bathroom Stall, Police Say | NBC4 Washington

In March at the iconic national landmark for the birthplace of gay rights movement the 'Stonewall Inn, the nightclub of all places in a unisex restroom a transexual was raped. Transgender woman says she was raped in Stonewall Inn bathroom | New York Post

Old 05-19-2016, 03:39 PM

496 posts, read 464,802 times
To be blunt: if you have a penis, you use the men's bathroom. If you have a vagina, use the girls bathroom. How difficult is that to understand? I do not care if you "feel" like you are a darn unicorn, I will not tolerate a person with a penis going into the same locker room as my daughter or granddaughter.

Wear your dresses, wear your heels, put on lipstick, I don't care. But keep your junk in your "dress" and go to the men's bathroom. JMO.
Dawn

Old 05-19-2016, 04:07 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,540,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Fairwinds View Post
To be blunt: if you have a penis, you use the men's bathroom. If you have a vagina, use the girls bathroom. How difficult is that to understand? I do not care if you "feel" like you are a darn unicorn, I will not tolerate a person with a penis going into the same locker room as my daughter or granddaughter.

Wear your dresses, wear your heels, put on lipstick, I don't care. But keep your junk in your "dress" and go to the men's bathroom. JMO.
Dawn
To be equally blunt, are you all for terminating the right of all NC citizens to file discrimination suits in state courts?

Old 05-19-2016, 04:13 PM

I don't see how keeping males in men's bathrooms and females in women's bathrooms is discriminating. Just because someone "feels" like something doesn't make it so. One day I may "feel" like I'm a millionaire, so someone better give me some $$ or I will cry discrimination. Just saying...

Old 05-19-2016, 05:14 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,540,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Fairwinds View Post
I don't see how keeping males in men's bathrooms and females in women's bathrooms is discriminating. Just because someone "feels" like something doesn't make it so. One day I may "feel" like I'm a millionaire, so someone better give me some $$ or I will cry discrimination. Just saying...
You don't live in NC, so you don't understand the law. It's not all about bathrooms.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
You don't live in NC, so you don't understand the law. It's not all about bathrooms.
You are correct, I don't live in NC. I believe all people should be treated equal, regardless of race, gender, etc. etc. I simply stated I do not want men in women's bathrooms/locker rooms. THAT was the issue I was addressing.

Edited to add: That was the headline for this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina