Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 05:41 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Fairwinds View Post
You are correct, I don't live in NC. I believe all people should be treated equal, regardless of race, gender, etc. etc. I simply stated I do not want men in women's bathrooms/locker rooms. THAT was the issue I was addressing.

Edited to add: That was the headline for this thread.
Read the whole law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 05:46 PM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,730,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
A few questions.

When was the last time a woman/girl was assaulted in a bathroom by a Faux woman (AKA trans gendered)? I haven't heard or read about one incident.

When was the last time a little boy was assaulted by a male pedophile? I have read this in the news just this week in NC.

Finally, are all the stupid people living in NC or does it just seem that way?
People continue to talk past each other. I have heard NO ONE worried about legitimate transgender people causing harm.

The problem is with ner'dowells just stating they are females to go get their jollies.

For a crowd that preaches tolerance the pro transgender crowd appears blind to this aspect. With the go where you want codified, people of bad intent will do bad things with immunity.

When the President makes thes proclamations about schools, he again demonstrates his severely limited visions.

Go talk to principals or teachers and see what their expectations are if this plays out. This traditional base of hard corps democrats has been completely blind sided by the president. What, at first glance appeared to be yet another GOP misstep, has now alienated many teachers who have historically voted, for obvious reasons, democratic.

Zealots see only the issue through the filters of their agenda. The rest of us have to deal with the explosive results when the law of unintended consequences rears its ugly head. It will.

OBTW, we have already had to put the squash on some young men's' attempt to explore. Yep, it was the usual suspects and they were raring to go. They just were not very smart and too vocal about it!

Old 05-19-2016, 05:56 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
People continue to talk past each other. I have heard NO ONE worried about legitimate transgender people causing harm.

The problem is with ner'dowells just stating they are females to go get their jollies.

For a crowd that preaches tolerance the pro transgender crowd appears blind to this aspect. With the go where you want codified, people of bad intent will do bad things with immunity.

When the President makes thes proclamations about schools, he again demonstrates his severely limited visions.

Go talk to principals or teachers and see what their expectations are if this plays out. This traditional base of hard corps democrats has been completely blind sided by the president. What, at first glance appeared to be yet another GOP misstep, has now alienated many teachers who have historically voted, for obvious reasons, democratic.

Zealots see only the issue through the filters of their agenda. The rest of us have to deal with the explosive results when the law of unintended consequences rears its ugly head. It will.

OBTW, we have already had to put the squash on some young men's' attempt to explore. Yep, it was the usual suspects and they were raring to go. They just were not very smart and too vocal about it!
BBM

That's incorrect. The problem does not come down to men posing as transgenders.

The problem is that allowing men to enter the girl's change rooms at the swimming pool interferes with the rights of girls and women. Girls and women should have the freedom to change into their swimsuit without fear that a man or boy is in their midst. The rights of a man who wants to be a woman do not trump the rights of all females.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:00 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
BBM

That's incorrect. The problem does not come down to men posing as transgenders.

The problem is that allowing men to enter the girl's change rooms at the swimming pool interferes with the rights of girls and women. Girls and women should have the freedom to change into their swimsuit without fear that a man or boy is in their midst. The rights of a man who wants to be a woman do not trump the rights of all females.
Well said.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:20 PM

1,116 posts, read 1,209,806 times
Interesting that the Washington Times editorial references a Charlotte Observer editorial without providing a link to it. Surely they aren't misrepresenting it :-)

Old 05-19-2016, 06:22 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,529 times
I kind of like the idea of relabeling facilities as "phallus" or "nonphallus" instead of men's or women's. That way anyone can "express" whatever gender they want without creating more opportunities for sexual abuse. The symbols can be a straight line and a circle, respectively.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:31 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Did the Washington Times make up the direct quotes?

Old 05-19-2016, 06:38 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,954,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
I kind of like the idea of relabeling facilities as "phallus" or "nonphallus" instead of men's or women's. That way anyone can "express" whatever gender they want without creating more opportunities for sexual abuse. The symbols can be a straight line and a circle, respectively.
I see this transgender demand as a violation of the rights of women and girls. I don't really care what men have going on in their heads, but I do care if someone who is born a man, and who is holding onto that which defines him as a man, wants to hang out in rooms where women and girls want privacy from anyone who has the anatomy of a man. If someone born as a man doesn't want to use change rooms and urinals designed for men, there needs to be a separate room for those people. It is beyond logical to decide that women must be compromised to accommodate men with unusual thinking.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:47 PM

725 posts, read 1,500,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
Did the Washington Times make up the direct quotes?
Here's the link - Taking the fear out of bathrooms | The Charlotte Observer

Old 05-19-2016, 06:57 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,529 times
It's interesting that 90% of transgender people are male to female. Either they think life's better for the gentler sex or their wires got crossed early in life and their desire to "be with" became a desire to "be". Since most people think men have it better in our society, my guess is the latter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina