Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 06:45 AM

605 posts, read 804,118 times

Advertisements

There will be a reception in his honor at the Alamance Country Club in Burlington on the 19th. I can't wait!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 03:00 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,006,456 times
Who?

Old 07-08-2016, 07:50 AM

6,799 posts, read 7,371,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
Who?
Tyler_Jolie-Pitt. He's a well known poster on here, I think the son of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
Who?
Hopefully he'll be out next governor!

Old 07-09-2016, 10:04 AM

1,965 posts, read 3,307,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Tyler_Jolie-Pitt. He's a well known poster on here, I think the son of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie.
I think vulfpack was asking about Roy Cooper, the attorney general. I respected Cooper for publicly recognizing and attempting to prevent the predatory lending practices during the housing bubble run up.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:42 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,810,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRebel View Post
I think vulfpack was asking about Roy Cooper, the attorney general. I respected Cooper for publicly recognizing and attempting to prevent the predatory lending practices during the housing bubble run up.
I think BC1960 was using sarcasm.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:47 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,880,482 times
I've met Roy Cooper. My daughter went to school with 2 of his girls. Very talented young ladies, very nice family. His wife is lovely, and I suspect a bit shy. Sorry to say, Roy himself isn't a bundle of personality. I don't even care. He's REALLY smart and he knows the law. I don't known how much of a political animal he is, and I don't care about that either. He won't try to pull BS that isn't actually legal (like prop 1 and HB 2)

Old 07-10-2016, 05:25 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,615,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagemomma View Post
I've met Roy Cooper. My daughter went to school with 2 of his girls. Very talented young ladies, very nice family. His wife is lovely, and I suspect a bit shy. Sorry to say, Roy himself isn't a bundle of personality. I don't even care. He's REALLY smart and he knows the law. I don't known how much of a political animal he is, and I don't care about that either. He won't try to pull BS that isn't actually legal (like prop 1 and HB 2)
If he won't do his job in defending the laws made by our state should he really get a promotion? I have heard he is becoming more wise about this. When our legislature makes a law and that law is attacked it is his job to defend that law whether he likes the law or not. We don't need someone in office like Obama who thinks he gets to pick and choose which laws he is going to enforce.

Roy Cooper originally refused to defend the laws our voters made then at first he was not trying to defend other laws our legislature made. Our government is of the people, by the people and for the people. It is not by one person's opinion.

Old 07-10-2016, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If he won't do his job in defending the laws made by our state should he really get a promotion? I have heard he is becoming more wise about this. When our legislature makes a law and that law is attacked it is his job to defend that law whether he likes the law or not. We don't need someone in office like Obama who thinks he gets to pick and choose which laws he is going to enforce.

Roy Cooper originally refused to defend the laws our voters made then at first he was not trying to defend other laws our legislature made. Our government is of the people, by the people and for the people. It is not by one person's opinion.
Is it hard being a genius?

Old 07-10-2016, 08:20 PM

6,883 posts, read 7,880,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If he won't do his job in defending the laws made by our state should he really get a promotion? I have heard he is becoming more wise about this. When our legislature makes a law and that law is attacked it is his job to defend that law whether he likes the law or not.
That is not actually what his job description says. His office has the right and responsibility to examine the legality of EVERYTHING that happens in the state within the scope of ALL the laws in the country. The Atty General is NOT required to defend a law he has determined to be untenable or unjust. It's part of the system of checks and balances. Legislators are representatives of their districts, they are NOT legal experts. The Atty General IS a legal expert, and we are lucky to have this particular one.

Regardless, not very nice of you to hijack a thread. If you don't have anything to contribute to the OP, you might want to start a thread of your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina