Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 10:41 AM

4 posts, read 8,233 times

Advertisements

Wow I am so glad I came across this site! Thank you guys for you input it's difficult to go based off of top cities blogs or posts because most are the best because everyone living in those places are wealthy! I work in finance have banking experience but my desire is to transition into the HR field which is what I have a degree in but we do not plan to move unless 1 of us has a job lined up or at least a few interviews lined up as well as $25,000 to cover any expenses if unemployed for longer than expected. If I could share our incomes it is roughly 100k combined which is fine in Cleveland because cost of living is so low here as its very undesirable to live where we are living. I will continue to do more research but this is a great start! Thank you guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 03:15 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
You should post on the Florida forum for Florida questions (or course).

As for the parts of the state you've seen, you mention different terrains but not which one appeals to you the most? The Outer Banks is nothing at all like Asheville, for example. And OBX (Outer Banks) has danger from tropical storms and the occasional hurricane, so insurance prices are high there, plus the general tourist-town nature (jam-packed in the summer, desolate in the winter). Completely different from Asheville (which does get snow, since it is the mountains) or the Piedmont in between.

Narrowing down a geography is probably your next step before you start comparing things in different cities that are apples-and-oranges but just happen to both be in the same state. You could live from almost one end of the state to the other and find the things you mention, but what matters is what YOU like best, which we can't help you with.

DON'T go by what the magazines say is "the best"--a lot of those are out of date or have agendas and there are many hidden gems everywhere besides the "same old ones everybody's swarming to". Find what appeals to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina