Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 08:21 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,957 times

Advertisements

When I make a statement, and you express doubt as to the truth of that statement, you are calling me a liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2016, 08:38 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
no, i'm expressing a healthy skepticism. i've already stated that you may be telling the truth, but that in my view it is hard to believe that you would ever vote for a Republican as conservative as McCrory.

i can go through your post history and post things on here that you have said that I think most would characterize as liberal.

you are on here calling McCrory a racist and a bigot and other infllamatory comments but me expressing skepticism that you voted for McCrory, based on your own posts, is inflammatory for you.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:44 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,684,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
no, i'm expressing a healthy skepticism. i've already stated that you may be telling the truth, but that in my view it is hard to believe that you would ever vote for a Republican.

i can go through your post history and post things on here that you have said that I think most would characterize as liberal.

you are on here calling McCrory a racist and other infllamatory comments but me expressing skepticism that you voted for McCrory, based on your own posts, is inflammatory for you.
You don't know any of us personally. You have consistently called us liars. You are using the word liberal as an insult.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:48 PM

you are taking the word liberal as an insult. it is not an insult, it is a label based on the political viewpoints that I have seen you espouse. for exmaple, if you supporto minimum wage increases, or you oppose a clause in the HB2 that local governments can't force businesses to raise their minimum wage, it is not illogical for me to conclude you are a liberal.

i don't get upset if you call me a conservative or right winger. it is true. i am not ashamed of my political philosophy. Obama won two elections rather easily so i don't see any reason why you should feel insulted to be called a liberal. there are obviously a lot of liberals in this country and the world.

i have the right to believe you are a liberal based on things that i see you say. if I am wrong, so what? Why is it a big deal, especially given you and others have said you don't care what I think? i cannot force anybody to agree with my assertion, and you have denied it or downpplayed your liberalism, so people are free to decide for themselves.

you are on here all the time beating up on McCrory, saying things that have no basis in reality,, that he is a racist, bigot, etc, but me calling you a liberal is something you consider offensive. that is an incredible contradiction and hypocrisy.

only reason I stopped by on this thread is that this govenor is getting lashed 24-7 on the NC forum on multiple threads so I felt like being the one person who stands up for him. i think he is a good guy and a good governor, and maybe the best governor in the history of NC in temrs of making NC a business friendly state. I want NC to be the best state it can be because that only helps SC which shares the Carolina brand.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-29-2016 at 09:25 PM..

Old 09-29-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
you are taking the word liberal as an insult. it is not an insult, it is a label based on the political viewpoints that I have seen you espouse. for exmaple, if opposition to minimum wage increases, or simply a clause that local governments can't force businesses to raise their minimum wage, is something you oppose, it is not illogical for me to conclude you are a liberal.

i don't get upset if you call me a conservative or right winger. it is true. i am not ashamed of my political philosophy. Obama won two elections rather easily so i don't see any reason why you should feel insulted to be called a liberal. there are obviously a lot of liberals in this country and the world.

i have the right to believe you are a liberal based on things that i see you say. if I am wrong, so what? Why is it a big deal, especially given you and others have said you don't care what I think? i cannot force anybody to agree with my assertion, and you have denied it or downpplayed your liberalism, so people are free to decide for themselves.

you are on here all the time beating up on McCrory, saying things that have no basis in reality,, that he is a racist, bigot, etc, but me calling you a liberal is something you consider offensive. that is an incredible contradiction and hypocrisy.

only reason I stopped by on this thread is that this govenor is getting lashed 24-7 on the NC forum on multiple threads so I felt like being the one person who stands up for him. i think he is a good guy and a good governor, and maybe the best governor in the history of NC in temrs of making NC a business friendly state. I want NC to be the best state it can be because that only helps SC which shares the Carolina brand.

Liberal is just a word. However, you lob it at people as if it was profanity. I take it as you obviously intend it. It's none of your business how any of us vote. State your opinion. Disagree with us, but cease & desist from telling how we think & how we vote. You are obviously baiting us in hopes of getting a fight going. We all have reasons for disliking McCrory. We don't have to justify it to you.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:34 PM

ok, i'm saying that I don't mean it as an insult. You are calling me a liar while at the same time are telling me that I don't have the right to be skeptical of your claim that you voted for McCrory.

I never said you have to 'justify' anything. I expressed my disagreement with the things you say about him. Freedom of speech isn't just for you.

is there any scenario in which a person can characterize you as a liberal in which you don't view it as an insult?

Old 09-29-2016, 09:40 PM

southbound,

here is an old post by you from 2012 that i obtained from your post history at this link //www.city-data.com/forum/charl...l#post23797336:

'All things considered, Bev did a great job. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, & the economy has been a sow's ear.

McCrory was on WCNC's Sunday morning public affairs show, until he declared. Every week he took pot shots at Bev. It was tasteless & tacky. I won't vote for him for that reason.

Dalton is from Rutherford County. I would think that he'd do right by the Charlotte area'

here is another post by you from 2012 //www.city-data.com/forum/north...l#post24745694:

'I'm so disgusted that I plan to vote straight Democrat this year. That goes especially for governor, too. I won't vote for McCrory, who ran around being pro-Amendment One.

seems like more than enough proof that you didn't vote for McCrory and you didn't like him from the start.

i feel like Tim Russert, haunting you with your past quotes.

here is another one: George Romney was my governor when I was a kid. I was set to vote for Mitt, but I've seen & heard enough & will vote for Obama.

I'm fed up with the tea partiers in Raleigh & DC. They ran on jobs, jobs, jobs. What have they done? Amenment One, Threatening to let the US default on our debts. . .I'm fed up. I don't want them back.

generally it is liberals who are fed up with tea partiers. could I not, using the rhetoric you have used against me, say that you use 'tea partier' as an insult?

here is another one from you: McCrory's job solution is fracking & offshore drilling.

opposition to fracking and offshore drilling isn't typical of an independent person open minded to GOP.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 09-29-2016 at 10:02 PM..

Old 09-29-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
southbound,

here is an old post by you from 2012 that i obtained from your post history at this link //www.city-data.com/forum/charl...l#post23797336:

'All things considered, Bev did a great job. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, & the economy has been a sow's ear.

McCrory was on WCNC's Sunday morning public affairs show, until he declared. Every week he took pot shots at Bev. It was tasteless & tacky. I won't vote for him for that reason.

Dalton is from Rutherford County. I would think that he'd do right by the Charlotte area'

here is another post by you from 2012 //www.city-data.com/forum/north...l#post24745694:

'I'm so disgusted that I plan to vote straight Democrat this year. That goes especially for governor, too. I won't vote for McCrory, who ran around being pro-Amendment One.

seems like more than enough proof that you didn't vote for McCrory and you didn't like him from the start.

i feel like Tim Russert, haunting you with your past quotes.

here is another one: George Romney was my governor when I was a kid. I was set to vote for Mitt, but I've seen & heard enough & will vote for Obama.

I'm fed up with the tea partiers in Raleigh & DC. They ran on jobs, jobs, jobs. What have they done? Amenment One, Threatening to let the US default on our debts. . .I'm fed up. I don't want them back.

generally it is liberals who are fed up with tea partiers.
Newsflash. I never said I voted for McCrory & I stand by my assertions that his weekly tirades on WCNC were tasteless & tacky. Again, whoever any of us voted for has nothing to do with the topic. I voted for the guy from Rutherford County. Many people thought that McCrory would be more liberal than him & some people thought that that a vote for McCrory was a vote for trains. It doesn't matter. We don't like him for various reasons. Leave my voting history out of it. It's none of your business & off topic. My view of McCrory is that he's tasteless & tacky & doesn't mind insulting women. That's not liberal or conservative.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:10 PM

i had the impression that you were pushing the narrative, similar to others, that you voted for him but soured on him due to HB2 and other things he did. you also were calling me a 'liar' for my opinion that you are a liberal and i see post after post by you that espouses a liberal stance or dislike of conservatives / GOP. you complain about the tea partiers as much as any liberal.

here is another post you made about McCrory that indicates you are a liberal: Attacking Planned Parenthood on the national & state level is not moderate.

i do not understand why you were upset about me classifying you as a liberal.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:16 PM

Quote:
i had the impression that you were pushing the narrative, similar to others, that you voted for him but soured on him due to HB2 and other things he did. you also were calling me a 'liar' for my opinion that you are a liberal and i see post after post by you that espouses a liberal stance or dislike of conservatives / GOP.
What part of the OP asks for anyone's personal political leanings? If you don't understand that the basic political spectrum is progressive, liberal, center-left, center-right, right-wing, extreme right, that's your problem, not mine. Now, cease & desist from making this personal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina