Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 10:24 AM

147 posts, read 162,764 times

Advertisements

NC's ranking in education (not college) is disturbing for corporations who think they can hire good talent. First, they may have to pay more because they have to recruit from another company. Second, unless they locate in a metro area (Triangle, Charlotte, Triad), they will have a problem with talented employees moving to rural areas.

I don't think SC is any better, however that governor there is, IMO, a lot more business focused and a lot less of an ideologue than NC's former/current? governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2016, 10:43 AM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherborn View Post
NC's ranking in education (not college) is disturbing for corporations who think they can hire good talent. First, they may have to pay more because they have to recruit from another company. Second, unless they locate in a metro area (Triangle, Charlotte, Triad), they will have a problem with talented employees moving to rural areas.
The bright spot here is higher education. NC does a pretty good job of retaining and attracting college grads in general. And the top-tier talent going to metro areas is a global phenomenon; you don't see corporate headquarters going to Goldsboro or Wilkesboro for a reason.

Quote:
I don't think SC is any better, however that governor there is, IMO, a lot more business focused and a lot less of an ideologue than NC's former/current? governor.
I have to agree here; Haley has done a swell job of keeping the focus on business and not getting caught up in culture wars and social issues. She's impressed me.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:52 AM

7,189 posts, read 6,815,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I have to agree here; Haley has done a swell job of keeping the focus on business and not getting caught up in culture wars and social issues. She's impressed me.
Same here. If she was governor of NC and been up for re-election this year, Cooper wouldn't have a chance.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
Same here. If she was governor of NC and been up for re-election this year, Cooper wouldn't have a chance.
At all.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:01 PM

1,360 posts, read 1,007,152 times
Quote:
I like her too. if she plays her cards right, she may be president one day. Positioning herself for that probably accounts for her reluctance to take controversial stands

Old 11-21-2016, 01:32 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,597,657 times
If she can get the roads, bridges, and schools fixed she has a chance. If she doesn't finally get them up to par it will be an issue.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:54 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,275,871 times
Quote:
Absolutely, she side-stepped all the mud McCory dove nose first into, he needs to leave.

Old 11-21-2016, 02:20 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,666,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
Absolutely, she side-stepped all the mud McCory dove nose first into, he needs to leave.
I can't agree more.

Old 11-21-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulfpeck View Post
I like her too. if she plays her cards right, she may be president one day. Positioning herself for that probably accounts for her reluctance to take controversial stands
It's possible. She's already on the list for a cabinet position. Word is it's Secretary of State, but I think she'd be better as Secretary of Homeland Security. She's a really good crisis manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumbaa View Post
If she can get the roads, bridges, and schools fixed she has a chance. If she doesn't finally get them up to par it will be an issue.
I don't think that will be much of a disadvantage since that's really an issue nationwide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
She sure did. When a legislator tried to introduce something similar to HB2, Haley said "We don't need that in SC." Shut it down with the quickness LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina