Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2016, 08:05 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,082,901 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
North Carolina being a solidly gerrymandered red state

^There. I fixed it.
Tough.

Republicans won in 2010 in Democrat drawn districts. The winner draws the districts. This is not new.

If the Democrats want to draw districts, they need a huge win like the Republicans did.

Old 12-13-2016, 08:52 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpsonvilllian View Post
that is an odd response because i was talking about GOP as a whole, not just Trump. Democrats loss a ton of seats in Congress, in the Senate, and in state legislatures over the last 8 years. I'm not sure how you can conclude the GOP platform is not survivable when your party is losing so many elections.

As far as gerrymandering goes, I know there is one House congressional district in SC that was gerrymandered by Democrats to ensure Democrat always wins it. I think it is more likely a party that opposes photo ID requirements to vote is doing gerrymandering.
There are natural pendulum swings in regards to the political landscape in the US. The GOP has bought and branded elections in direct contradiction of these trends to offset the national demographic shift and overachieved in recent elections. The next pendulum will swing be one of the greater blue/purple sweeps in history. No matter the unsubstantiated claims of voter fraud and outright voter suppression, etc...the nation is changing and the wave will hit, it's coming.

Old 12-13-2016, 10:38 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,390,618 times
that may be true if the new administration doesn't build a wall on the border and enforce border laws. the flooding of this country by low skill uneducated immigrants is the reason California went from a state Reagan won to being a state the GOP can't compete in. Ironically, Reagan helped make that happen when he went along with an amnesty for illegal immigrants based on the insincere promise of tougher border security.

if you oppose a sensible requirement to require photo ID to vote, then you don't have a problem with voter fraud. you are forced to say it doesn't exist although that makes no sense. that is like asserting nobody steals anything, theft is non-existent.

you mentioned the popular vote, but if you discard California and NY, Trump won the popular vote. a popular vote would basically mean NY and CA decide who our president is. i believe there were million of illegal immigrants who voted illegally against Trump because of his border message.

Last edited by ClemVegas; 12-13-2016 at 10:54 AM..

Old 12-13-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
that may be true if the new administration doesn't build a wall on the border and enforce border laws. the flooding of this country by low skill uneducated immigrants is the reason California went from a state Reagan won to being a state the GOP can't compete in. Ironically, Reagan helped make that happen when he went along with an amnesty for illegal immigrants based on the insincere promise of tougher border security.

if you oppose a sensible requirement to require photo ID to vote, then you don't have a problem with voter fraud. you are forced to say it doesn't exist although that makes no sense. that is like asserting nobody steals anything, theft is non-existent.

you mentioned the popular vote, but if you discard California and NY, Trump won the popular vote. a popular vote would basically mean NY and CA decide who our president is. i believe there were million of illegal immigrants who voted illegally against Trump because of his border message.
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts. No, the popular vote means the people decide who the president is...the candidate with the most votes just like a Governor. Just because you believe it doesn't mean it's true, it isn't. Voter fraud doesn't exist. When all the "tricks" of Voter ID requirements, etc have saturated and the country continues to trend less GOP the reality will set-in, either the platform must change to be more centrist or slowly dissolve into history.

It's amazing how the right whips up all these fanciful conspiracy theories and people readily buy-in to it. Stop listening to and watching that junk news! And yet, when proven to be false they keep repeating it as if though saying it over and over again will eventually make it true, damn. He ain't building no wall, no need to. He ain't locking up Hillary, nothing there. There aren't millions of illegal immigrants voting...on and on...

Old 12-13-2016, 03:10 PM

voter fraud doesn't exist because you say so. Ok then. You can't give any logical reason why there should not be a requirement to show photo ID to vote. Again, saying there is no voter fraud is like saying people don't commit other crimes like theft. It not even remotely plausible.

This is interesting given your candidate is trying to say Russians stole the election for Trump. That kind of seems like the conspiracy theory.

HOw is a person who votes for a party that has lost so many elections the past 8 years acting like he is a centrist? I never seen you say anything that is remotely centrist.

Old 12-14-2016, 12:54 PM

3,375 posts, read 6,256,116 times
Quote:
voter fraud doesn't exist because you say so. Ok then. You can't give any logical reason why there should not be a requirement to show photo ID to vote. Again, saying there is no voter fraud is like saying people don't commit other crimes like theft. It not even remotely plausible.

This is interesting given your candidate is trying to say Russians stole the election for Trump. That kind of seems like the conspiracy theory.

HOw is a person who votes for a party that has lost so many elections the past 8 years acting like he is a centrist? I never seen you say anything that is remotely centrist.
Voter disenfranchisement is the only kind of widespread fraud occurring on a population level.

Old 12-14-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:

I have no idea about Russian involvement in any election, if so there should or will be evidence to prove it. And yes it does sound like a conspiracy theory and very GOPish. I know there isn't any evidence about voter fraud so creating the need for a voter ID is waste of time/money and suppression tactic. I do know that the nations demographic shift isn't trending GOP friendly...that's what the data shows but anything can change.

Btw, don't get your hopes up for a wall, the Don is one helluva salesman.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
I have no idea about Russian involvement in any election, if so there should or will be evidence to prove it. And yes it does sound like a conspiracy theory and very GOPish. I know there isn't any evidence about voter fraud so creating the need for a voter ID is waste of time/money and suppression tactic. I do know that the nations demographic shift isn't trending GOP friendly...that's what the data shows but anything can change.

Btw, don't get your hopes up for a wall, the Don is one helluva salesman.
How does it sound GOPish if it is Democrats who are pushing the conspiracy theory. it is difficult to believe you have not heard Democrats accusing the Russians of hijacking the election.

Democrats are really struggling to win white voters, so a strategy of relying on nearly 100 percent of black voters is risky because what happens if a larger percentage starts to vote GOP in future.

if the illegal immigrations is curtailed, then the Democratic party is probably doomed.

you are basically admitting that the Democratic party can't win with people born here so it needs to transform the demographics of the country to win, with more poor uneducated people, which makes poor Americans even more poor with suppressed wages and higher unemployment due to the increased competition.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBojangles View Post
Voter disenfranchisement is the only kind of widespread fraud occurring on a population level.
who is being disenfranchised. i assume you are saying black voters are unable to figure out how to get a photo ID and bring it with them to vote.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:50 PM

Quote:
How does it sound GOPish if it is Democrats who are pushing the conspiracy theory. it is difficult to believe you have not heard Democrats accusing the Russians of hijacking the election.

Democrats are really struggling to win white voters, so a strategy of relying on nearly 100 percent of black voters is risky because what happens if a larger percentage starts to vote GOP in future.

if the illegal immigrations is curtailed, then the Democratic party is probably doomed.

you are basically admitting that the Democratic party can't win with people born here so it needs to transform the demographics of the country to win, with more poor uneducated people, which makes poor Americans even more poor with suppressed wages and higher unemployment due to the increased competition.

GOPish is infamous for conspiracy theories on issues like voter fraud, taking our guns, etc. I firmly stated I have no clue if the Russians are behind the DNC hack, the evidence will come to light if they're the culprit. There is no evidence of voter fraud, period.

Read this: How The Browning Of America Is Upending Both Political Parties : NPR. The Dems do win with people born here (white, black, latino, etc), you don't know what the hell you're talking about which boomerangs back to the "conspiracy" thing...illegal immigrants, etc. Trump won NC and so did Cooper a Democrat.....I guess all those white people who voted for Cooper weren't born here. The Dem party isn't going anywhere and nation is getting Bluer. Obama outhustled McCain and Romney. Trump outsmarted the media and easily labeled Hillary as a "Crook" due to email blunders, years of visibility as a public figure and part of the establishment. Many local GOP leaders have outhustled and spent the Dems to gain advantage even though a shrinking constituency. It'll get tougher as the Dems/Libs start pouring as much money, investing and using similar tactics.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 12-14-2016 at 04:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina